doozie
Silver
Silver

1988 milano 2.5 automatic US model

Post by doozie »

HELP!!!! MY 2.5 AUTO MILANO IS DOING SOME STRANGE THINGS... AFTER ABOUT 15 MIN. OF RUNNING ENGINE SEEMS TO CUT BACK ABOUT 75% OF ITS POWER AND STARTS TO SKIP.. CHANGED PLUGS AND WIRES.. (THEY LOOKED OK)...IF I LET IT SIT FOR A WHILE (TURNED OFF) ITS FINE AGAIN FOR BRIEF PERIODS. THIS PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE MAGNAFIED ON HOTTER DAYS. ALSO IF I PUT IT IN NEUTRAL WHILE ITS ACTING UP IT FLYS (FOR A SPLIT SECOND) UNTIL TRANS. ACTUALLY DISENGAGES. I DRIVE IT AROUND WITH RAPID MOVEMENT OF SHIFTER BETWEEN NEUTRAL AND DRIVE.?? I KNOW THIS IS HARD ON IT BUT I HAVE NO OPTION. .THE ONLY OTHER SYMPTOMS ARE THE MESSAGE CENTER DOES NOT WORK AND A SMALL AMOUNT OF FUEL LEAKS AROUND GAS CAP AND DOWN FENDER???CAP GASKET SEEMS FINE. ANY HELP OR LINKS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. ALFA'S HAVENT BEEN IMPORTED IN QUIT SOMETIME HERE AND FINDING ANYONE WITH KNOWLEDGE IS RARE.. THANKS JAMES
AQHA
doozie
Silver
Silver

Post by doozie »

Now I see why they stopped importing them!! No one worldwide has a clue about this problem?? Maybe we will get real lucky and general motors will suffer the same fate. All we need is Jap. cars and Ford trucks. Time to cull the herd again.
AQHA
MD
Verde
Verde

Fuel

Post by MD »

doozie

From my best understanding of what you are saying about the problem, I think this is one that needs a mechanic to test drive the vehicle and observe and try to replicate the symptoms. From that some diagnosis can be made. Otherwise it could be any number of things.

As for not being imported lately, ANY mechanic that knows his stuff should be able to work on your engine/car as in principle they are not THAT different as to be cars from Mars. I just don't buy it. Any good mech who can work on a Jap car or BMW can work on an Alfa or get a name change to Fitter instead of Mechanic. Keep looking.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Alfisto Steve
Silver
Silver

Post by Alfisto Steve »

doozie what kind of Alfa network do you have locally? Hook up with AROC chapter of CO and see if someone can help you in person

See: Colorado Chapter
Alfa Club of Colorado
6165 Oakley Ct
Castle Rock, Colorado 80104
Ashley House, (720)733-0707
http://www.alfaclubofcolorado.org/
Last Monday of each month at 7pm; also track events, car shows and tour
Message Board
Alfisto Steve