kevin
Verde
Verde

Unichipped my L-jet

Post by kevin »

I have always had a fuel mixture problem on my original 1984 GTV3.0L(one of six made with injection) as the only AFM avaliable that stage by Alfa Romeo was from the 2.5.
Either I had overfuelling at low rpm and underfeulling(lean) at high rpm or vice versa as you cannot get a happy medium as this AFM was simply not designed for this car, hence the reason that the 206 GTV3.0L were made with carbs so they could be speciffically jetted to suit the cams used for racing.
Cut a long story short ,I sent the car car to Dastek to see if they could piggy back the AFM which they did very succesfully. Maybe Barry could explain better how they achieved this. Visually they tapped into the green wire of the Distributor to pick up the Rpm and then went into the ECU with another five wires.
Its obvious that the timing cannot be chainged but the results were excellent as this now gives me further option to put much wilder cams in and then just remap.
It all cost R1760 including Dyno which is about 350$ US
.Andrew is out here in SA at the moment with Dawie. Dawie is currently preparing the Ultima TT 24v for the ultimate street car chalenge on Sunday. Should be a good day on Sunday.
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

Kevin I wish I new about this option when I was running my Sampie Bosman 3.0 litre LJet a while back.I can back up what Kevin is saying about the L-Jet not being able to handle a 3 litre and to top it all I was running Glenwoods Group 1 cams in mine.There were days when it would drive me insane with it's jerking at low rpms especialy in traffic. :cry:

I had to run my 3.5 on L-Jet for a short while before Barry put the Gotech system on mine....that was not fun.

Kevin you remember the time you tried to help me with my airflow meter because the darn thing refused to run properly on part throttle especially on the highway ? As a an aside,that's one thing I love about this site is all the great contacts and friends I have made and believe me without their help,my GTV6 wouldn't be in the pretty good shape she is in,so thanks guys. :D

Kevin I hope to see you at Wesbank on Sunday to support Stuart.
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Hi Fernando
You are better off to have the gotech as you no longer have the restrictive AFM and you can play with the advance.
Sunday was great, had to leave early but it was awsome to see a 3.5 24v tt Alfa motor whip a 450kw DTM Mercedes, 500kw Porsche and the list continues. I got lots of pics and will post them on a suitable thread including Wednesdays outing at ZWartkopps with Dawie, Andrew(UK) and Dom(gotech) testing .....