Murray
Verde
Verde

Post by Murray »

Greg that's correct.Don't be surprised if it cracks when you pull and twist because it takes quite a bit of force.Taking the AC belt off may make it a bit easier but getting that thing off is a battle in itself.Even with the tensioner fully slack you have to either pry the belt off the pully with a large screwdriver or loosen the mounting bolts for the AC compressor to get more slack - but don't go there :evil:
1986-GTV6
1989-75 Twinspark very sadly sold-remarkable sedan !
2014 Audi Q5 3.0l TDI - torque MONSTER
grega
Gold
Gold

Post by grega »

wow,

I finaly got the timming belt covers off. What a battle. I had to remove one of the colant sensors the top colant hose and the A/C belt. There's defintely a oil leak somewhere around there. It's going to be tricky to figure out where it's comming from. It looks like it might be coming from the crank seal.

So I've Done a second Compression test. And my results were very strange!! I first did a compression test on cyl. #1. It was about 105psi. This was better than the 30 psi i seemed to be getting for most cylinders last time. So i got a bit happy, but this feeling didn't last long. I checked #2 and i got no compression, #3 also no compression, #4 also no compression. I went back to number one and I no longer had compression. WTF? How is this possible? The only thing i can think is that, my starter is making some strange noises like a whining. Is it possible that it isn't spinning the engine fast enough for compression? The timming belt is rotating the cams, so i know the engine is turning over

I'm at a loss here!
Que Boludo
Gold
Gold

Post by Que Boludo »

I think it's time for a mechanic to step in.
I maka de list, you Justa geta the parts - OK! Wise words from the great master Toni Baloney – Ginger Fingers.
Murray
Verde
Verde

Post by Murray »

Greg before you go any further what I would do is go to your local garage and borrow/rent a compression tester that is known to be accurate.I was once getting weird readings and my cheap tester turned out to be the problem.
1986-GTV6
1989-75 Twinspark very sadly sold-remarkable sedan !
2014 Audi Q5 3.0l TDI - torque MONSTER
grega
Gold
Gold

Post by grega »

It is a cheap compression gauge. I should try it out on another car. Aside from the compression gauge. What else could cause this effect?
Any Ideas?
Thanks
Greg
grega
Gold
Gold

Post by grega »

Murray,
I'll try to get my hands on a better gauge. Thanks for the tip
grega
Gold
Gold

Post by grega »

ok guys,
here's the update.
i tried a new compression guage and still very low compression resulted.
2 days ago i had a 3 friends push start the car. After 2 runs the car fired up....it ran rough for a while, but now runs nice. I think the battery was not strong enough and not turning the engine over enough for a proper compression test. So It turns out i didn't have much of a problem. I'm thinking of changing my AAV. Has anyone installed the manual version, i think greg gordon was selling one.

thanks
Greg A
Toronto