jrreeve
Gold
Gold

Alfetta GT Tail lights

Post by jrreeve »

Anyone ever converted the GTV6 rear tail light section with a Alfetta GT style lights? I took a look at a set and i'm not sure its exactly "plug n' play". I'm going to try and fit a set up and I'll let you guys know how it goes...but anyone had any success with this before.

Before anyone asks. I just like the GT's rear end more with those lights instead of the blocks that came with the GTV.

Rob
enzo
Platinum
Platinum

Post by enzo »

yep....
jrreeve
Gold
Gold

Post by jrreeve »

What year is that GTV6? I'm having a bit of trouble getting the lenses to mount up to my 84. The whole assembly fits in the sheet metal but the electrics are just plain different.

I can try and just mount the lenses but they don't fit the newer GTV6 housing.

I think I can do it...it's just going to be a bit more of a challenge and a bit more time than a simple bolt up job.

Rob
enzo
Platinum
Platinum

Post by enzo »

it's a '85...there a 2 possibilitis...

1. use the old Alfetta GT light backing and make a new wiring harness...the connectors are diffrent...

2. use the GTV6 housing, take a dremel and mill a bit of plastic....done in approx 15min...you can use the Alfetta GT housing as template...

sorry for my english
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

No doubt, this looks better!!!!!! I been using red lenses (these have the chrome surround which I don't really like) but just got some european amber ones (Not mounted yet). I use the GTV6 reflectors, repainted with chrome spray, and just drilled some 'through holes' with stainless mounting hardware. I did not need to rewire as turns signals are still on bottom.
Attachments
LIGHTS.JPG
LIGHTS.JPG (102.53 KiB) Viewed 4708 times
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

For those of you interested in converting tail lenses from GTV6 stock to the Alfetta style...check out

www.reoriginals.com

They have some new old stock Altissimo (and others) tail lenses, amber and red. Their server crashed so no pics....