mjr
Platinum
Platinum

central locking

Post by mjr »

Hi all.

I recently baught a mint second hand passanger door for my 83 Gtv6. The door came from and 85 same model. To my surprise when I took the door card off, I discovered a central locking solanoid. The plastic liner inside the door hadnt been touched, I had to remove it, hence I think the door is factory original. I didnt know the GTV6 had been sold with central locking. Was it? anyone know of any wiring diarams showing the circuit? Im sure it would be a doddle to wire up, the solanoids are standard FIAT units.

MJR
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Mjr,I doubt very much if it was factory stock..The car in my avitar was fitted with central locking.. 8) 8) I used the frnt only from a Giulietta..It was a nice touch.Simply remove the whole harness and relay box unit and fit..Connect up supply 12v and earth or ground.Viola!! You now have central locking..
As an additional to mine,I isolated the switching circiut and fitted a switch to the door panel so I could lock/unlock at the press of a button.(which came from a BMW...)
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

Barry,

many thanks, just recovered an entire CL system from a Fiat uno Turbo i.e

compared the solanids, and they are the same, time to fit it and see what happens. I like the idea of splicing in a panel switch, very nice.

MJR
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Yea,it works and is a nice touch,pardon the pun!
The wheels are being worked on..Ive spoken to Tony here about 16" dishes(inners and outers)Awaiting his reply..
:arrow:
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

Central locking just tops it off nicely, power steering would have been a nice addition for parking too!

MJR
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

:D :D :D You had better believe...Andrew b is sending over power steering for my Giulietta as we speak..Im looking forward to it... 8)
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

blimey!

ok, so what havent you got fitted to your cars? :lol:

I decided about a year ago to give my 83 GTV6 a mid life update, I must try to control myself tho, for the sake of my wallet! :?

MJR