SPAIN
Silver
Silver

VAPOUR/LIQUID SEPARATOR

Post by SPAIN »

Could somebody please explain what this is for. Can I move it or delete it from my GTV6. I nned space for new 3 point rear seat belts.

Regards,

Pancho
milanoguy
Silver
Silver

Post by milanoguy »

Well you can move it, but you definitely need to keep it, or something like it. The gasoline in the fuel tank turns into gasoline vapor depending on how hot it is, how full the tank is, and so on. The liquid/vapor seperator collects the vapour and returns the liquid to the gas tank.

If you simply delete this component you will end up with a strong gasoline odor in the passenger cabin.

Bye for now

Milanoguy
1987 Milano
Houston TX, USA
shures
Gold
Gold

3 Point Belts

Post by shures »

Pancho,

There are mounting points already there for three point belts. I don't see why you would need to move the separator unless you car is different from US spec ones?
Scott Shure
Ellicott City, Md
85 GTV-6
SPAIN
Silver
Silver

vapour/liquid separator

Post by SPAIN »

Thank you both for your help. I have fixed the reels on the horizontal metal part behind the rear seat , one on each end, there are fixing points already there, but the left reel is to close to the separator and belt will not work properly, I was wondering if it could be moved 2 or cms to the center. Its only fixed to the car by two rivets.

Regards,