gtv6jim
Silver
Silver

No Spark to the plugs

Post by gtv6jim »

Hi. I have a 1984 GTV6 that had a small electrical fire at the distributor. I have repaired/replaced all of the bad wires in the area along with the distributor out of another GTV6. I also put a new coil in the car. My problem is two-fold. First, I have no spark going to the plugs. Second, when I attach one of the wires going to the neg. side of the coil and place a test light on the connector, I get no light on the negative side (I do on the positive, but it is dim). When I remove the wire, I get a bright light on both sides of the coil. I have to assume that this is the problem with the spark, but I don't have a manual for this car yet, and I don't know where this wire goes to. I guess that it could also be the pick up module or the engine module, but I don't know how to check them either. Can anyone help. I would be very willing to pay a good Alfa mechanic to get this car running. It is in the Fairfield area of San Francisco, California and I want to get it home to Ohio. thanks to anyone that can help. Jim