sira
Gold
Gold

fuel problem

Post by sira »

I put V6 engine and jetronic in my car, problem is that injectors dont inject fuel, cold air injector working but 6 others not, injectors are ok becouse when i put it on cold air injector they inject fuel. I mesured with voltmeter on injector harnes and both pins on each injector have 12 volts, where is the problem?? Ingnition work fine, I have spark on each spark plug.
Daniel
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Daniel »

You shouldn't have 12v at both terminals, it should have (if I remember this right) 12v on 1 terminal and the other one should open and close to ground. I have had a similar problem and it turned out to be a short in the back of one of the injector plugs. This effects all of them because they are group fired - all common to each other.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Do you have terminal 1 connected to the ignition coil?
This allows the ecu to pick up a trigger pulse from the coil so it knows when to fire the injectors..
Its normally a pigtail connector close to the rear of the distributor side head having a spade connector and the shield having a 6mm flat lug connector.The spade connector side should be extended to neg. coil or No 1 terminal on the coil..
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Daniel wrote:You shouldn't have 12v at both terminals, it should have (if I remember this right) 12v on 1 terminal and the other one should open and close to ground. I have had a similar problem and it turned out to be a short in the back of one of the injector plugs. This effects all of them because they are group fired - all common to each other.
If the injector plug is connected you will measure 12v on both terminals via the coil within the injector.This is normal.The ecu pulls the pulse to ground when firing the injector.
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
sira
Gold
Gold

Post by sira »

What is terminal 1 on this picture?

Here is link for picture if attachmented is not clear enough

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/269/d001ce6.gif
Attachments
D-001.gif
D-001.gif (158.34 KiB) Viewed 6637 times
sira
Gold
Gold

Post by sira »

Barry wrote:Do you have terminal 1 connected to the ignition coil?
This allows the ecu to pick up a trigger pulse from the coil so it knows when to fire the injectors..
Its normally a pigtail connector close to the rear of the distributor side head having a spade connector and the shield having a 6mm flat lug connector.The spade connector side should be extended to neg. coil or No 1 terminal on the coil..
Yes pin 1 on Jetronic is conected to ignition coil, but no pulse from ECU to injectors :(

Maybe is time to get megasquirt??
alfascott
Silver
Silver

Post by alfascott »

I'm having the same problem with '82 that I just acquired. It was running, but now only the cold start injector is firing. Please post back if you figure out what was wrong.

Scott

BTW, good to be here! Sorry, I'm not big on formal introductions. :D
sira
Gold
Gold

Post by sira »

It still doesn't work, how to inspect is l-Jetronic working without Bosch terminal for Jetronic?
sira
Gold
Gold

Post by sira »

I found spare L-Jet and engine is runing :D