Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

3l 24v motor and wiring in a gtv6

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

Alright... as I am putting the motor all back together and thinking of the future I remember that I have to drive this car to Montreal on July 15 with brakes and motor installed. Not only that, I also need to have head lights, turn signals, and brake lights working. My question is how well do you think i will be able to use the 164 wiring to power all of the above and maybe the gauges?
I guess if I follow both wiring diagrams and maybe swap some gtv6 parts into the 164 fuse box, then i can get the lights going. Is the gtv6 tach going to understand the 24v signal?
I think I am starting to feel the heat, because everytime i think about the alfa I get absolutely sick to my stomach.

When I was telling my pops that I have to order new injectors to get the motor done on time, even he chimed in, "you still think you can get that motor in by then?" That was definately not what i needed to hear. Come on forum I need some juice here!

Victor
matfo
Silver
Silver

Re: 3l 24v motor and wiring in a gtv6

Post by matfo »

Sporttunergtv6 wrote:Alright... as I am putting the motor all back together and thinking of the future I remember that I have to drive this car to Montreal on July 15 with brakes and motor installed. Not only that, I also need to have head lights, turn signals, and brake lights working. My question is how well do you think i will be able to use the 164 wiring to power all of the above and maybe the gauges?
I guess if I follow both wiring diagrams and maybe swap some gtv6 parts into the 164 fuse box, then i can get the lights going. Is the gtv6 tach going to understand the 24v signal?
I think I am starting to feel the heat, because everytime i think about the alfa I get absolutely sick to my stomach.

When I was telling my pops that I have to order new injectors to get the motor done on time, even he chimed in, "you still think you can get that motor in by then?" That was definately not what i needed to hear. Come on forum I need some juice here!

Victor
I left all the original GTV6 wiring to support the lights and other functions.
The only thing I removed was the actual engine wiring such as the relay to the fuel pump and so on.
I also connected the GTV6 tachometer to the 24V wiring and it seems to work fine.
Don't hesitate to come with more specific questions if you need because I think I still have it fresh in my memory :)
Good luck!
Mats Forssén
75 TS
159 1750Tbi SW
http://www.matforacing.se
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

Mats although you and I have different model engines (hot wire/large diameter runners vs. flap afm/small diameter runners) I hope that we can chronicle this wiring issue here so that if anyone should follow suit they will have a rough guide.

so after looking over the wiring diagrams i think i have the following questions?

1) Do you use the gtv6 fuse box and/or the 164 fuse box?
2) Pins 73, 74, and 5(?) all go to the instrument panel and thus will not be used?
3) Pins 45, 86, 85 all go to the automatic climitization system and aux devices and thus will not be used?
.... i will continue this later
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

... ok.
4) Where do pins 87 & 88 go to?
5) what is the deal with pin 64 that goes to electronic antitheft system?

thanks,
Victor
matfo
Silver
Silver

Post by matfo »

Sporttunergtv6 wrote:Mats although you and I have different model engines (hot wire/large diameter runners vs. flap afm/small diameter runners) I hope that we can chronicle this wiring issue here so that if anyone should follow suit they will have a rough guide.

so after looking over the wiring diagrams i think i have the following questions?

1) Do you use the gtv6 fuse box and/or the 164 fuse box?
2) Pins 73, 74, and 5(?) all go to the instrument panel and thus will not be used?
3) Pins 45, 86, 85 all go to the automatic climitization system and aux devices and thus will not be used?
4) Where do pins 87 & 88 go to?
5) what is the deal with pin 64 that goes to electronic antitheft system?
Unfortenately I'm currently on a vacation trip and doesn't have the wiring diagrams with me.
However if you can put the ECU pinout for the Motronic 1.7 ECU here I think I can answer the most of your questions.
If not I can check when I get back home in a couple of weeks.

1) I use the GTV6 fuse box. In addition I use 2 fuses from the 164 harness that are placed together with the relay for the fuel pump.
2) I need to see the pinout
3) If they are to the clima and aux they will not be used
4) I need to see the pinout
5) shouldn’t be connected

/Mats
Mats Forssén
75 TS
159 1750Tbi SW
http://www.matforacing.se