torrente
Silver
Silver

cold start injector

Post by torrente »

My cold start injector won`t shoot, I`ve tried 3 different ones. Could this be a wiring prob? Pin connector? Please advise.
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

Could be the sendor or a wiring problem I have seen both. There is a test in the shop manual to determin which one, but I can't remember it off hand.
jrreeve
Gold
Gold

Post by jrreeve »

Should be able to check the wiring with a voltmeter. I think Greg's site has the actual output you should be getting at the connector when cold if not I know there is a manual with that information in it. Here is a link to Greg's site, look up CTS and it should be right there

http://www.oldebottles.com/italiancarspage3.htm

Was there any pressure in the line when you switched the cold start injector? I switched mine out yesterday and thought I clamped it off...but obviously didn't get it good enough because i got fuel in the face! Check to make sure you have pressure going to the injector as well as the electicals from the coolant temp switch.

Rob
'84 GTV6
Don
Silver
Silver

Post by Don »

Mick,

I had problems with mine some time ago and it turned out to be the plug and/or wire right at the injector. Spliced in a new one and things are back to normal.

Don