N. G. Brooks Robinson
'84 GTV6
'84 M635CSi
Al_Cam
Silver
Silver

Re: replacement headlights

Post by Al_Cam »

Bent the Left hand front guard. Luckily wasn't touching the tyre. We were in the Flinders Ranges (call it desert) about 150 km from the nearest habitation.

The Emu was looking pretty groggy, struggling to get up. His mates were all hanging around him. I swear the were sending us evil looks. Decided trying to finish it off with a tyre lever would have been too risky.

Funny area. The cattle all seem to just lumber off away from the road. The Kangaroos bolt away from the road. Damned flocks of Emus all wanted to try and cross the road in front of the car.
Al Campbell
Al_Cam
Silver
Silver

Post by Al_Cam »

Oh and the taste?

Go to an Australian Pub and order a "Coat of Arms" for dinner.
Al Campbell
GTV27
Platinum
Platinum

Post by GTV27 »

Emus have a nasty habit of running parallel to the road and then darting arcoss in front of you unexpectedly. Due to their unusual body shape, there is a better than average chance of the body (ie the heavy bit) finding its way through the windscreen, to the extreme deteriment and inconvience of those who were up until that point probably saying, "look at those cute birdys running down the roa...{crash}...faaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

At least, having entered the cabin of the car they then have the good grace to be well and truely dead, which is more than can be said if you hit the other side of the coat of arms. Your average kangaroo is about 7 foot tall, weighs about 100kgs and will be extremly pissed off after it has bounced off your bonnet and gone through your windscreen and will then express his (or her) displeasure by kicking the crap out of you.

I should do ads for the Australian Tourism Bureau, cause thats before you get to the sharks, poisonous jellyfish, crocodiles, venomous snakes, huge freaking spiders and redneck-rifle-toting-madmen who like to do nasty things to backpackers...welcome to Australia, I hope you survive your holiday.

(really is quite a nice place to visit :lol: )
Jason
1983 GTV6 2.8 litre
brookstroutr
Gold
Gold

Post by brookstroutr »

Jason,

I think I'd rather go up against that breed of dangerous characters there than what we have to contend with her in US. Let's see, crooked politions, corporate corruption and greed, zealot government, taxed to death which is why this country seceded from the UK, Chester the child molester priests, white collar crime, raping of the middle class, discrimenation of un-paralled proportions, land shark lawyers that are litigious extraordinaire, a gluttonous, disposible society (the GTV6 for example), etc. Gotta stop before I shoot myself.

Not trying to one up you on this one rather, you've one upped us. At tleast yours and their obvious intentions are forthright and with a good set of headlights can be possible avoided and with considerably less damage. Also, you can at least forage on many of yours where cannabalism is out-lawed here along with everything else and is a good thing. I'd bet no matter what the cooking method you can't get the shat taste of an attorney out of your mouth!!!

Now, go kiss a croc and be thankful!!!
Regards,

N. G. Brooks Robinson
'84 GTV6
'84 M635CSi
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

"redneck-rifle-toting-madmen"

HEY THERE NOW.....I resemble that remark