nisaar
Gold
Gold

turbo

Post by nisaar »

Hi hz it guys im busy fiddiling with my turbo gullie the delloroto's leak permenently, it has the DHLA4's fitted. I did carb kits i changed everything but they still leak.
I think it might be the fuel pressure regulator,Does any one know the correct fuel pressure ?
Lifes a journey? F*** the ride get there first ALFA ROMEO oo=v=oo
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Re: turbo

Post by MR2 Zig »

I am not ABSOLUTELY SURE, but Webers and Delortos run the same pressure which max's out at 4 psi. American carbs run 6-7 psi, i know that and I know the Italian ones use less.

If you have an electric pump get a regulator to put in line as that would be a better working and cheaper way to go than buying another pump.

hth,

zig
MR1 Zig (I made rate!)
Machinery Repairman USNR
nisaar
Gold
Gold

Post by nisaar »

Kewl thanks m8te

I kinda gave up with the turbo is endless trouble and zero reliability, someone wants to buy the complete turbo engine I will put a stock standard 2.0 with new carbs and high dome alfa pistons get my 150 bhp, and 12 kms per liter
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

Is the carb between the turbo and engine? if so and it ISN'T a "pressure" type carb the turbo is what is blowing things apart. If the carb is "in front of " the turbo (not above atmospheric pressure) and its leaking and the fuel pressure is right then that carb is bad (ie something is warped, etc).

I don't know about your particular model of carb, but there are very few that are of the pressure type. Those use the pressurized air from the turbo on both sides of the float bowl and are sealed on the outside. Normal carbs have the float bowl vented to atmosphere and have a lower pressure (vacum) inside. The pressure carbs I know about are used on airplanes.

hth,

zig
MR1 Zig (I made rate!)
Machinery Repairman USNR
nisaar
Gold
Gold

Post by nisaar »

I managed to check it out : the carbs are DHLA4 H carbs they have a blow through between both carbs that need to be connected to the pressurised air system I think, hope