AlfettaGTV
Silver
Silver

Electrics in GTV6

Post by AlfettaGTV »

Hi!
This week I've been working and checking with the electrics in my 1985 GTV6.
I checked all the conectors, appling some fine sanding, CRC contact cleaner and conductive grease, all the grounds in bootlid and engine.

But the deffinitive work was to fit a set of relays and independent fuses to the driving and main lights. Boys, what a difference!!. The lights key in the direction column now works absolutely cold.

Next week I'll try to change the main cords from battery for ones with bigger section. A voltage checking will corfirm the improvement in the electric system.

Best regards, Alvaro.
Hippo58
Silver
Silver

Post by Hippo58 »

Well done! Enjoy your night driving!

Keep us posted of your further maintenace/mods.
Petros. Transaxleista!
AlfettaGTV
Silver
Silver

Post by AlfettaGTV »

Hi!
Some pictures of the mod done:

Yes its a bit of mess, but I'll try to cover them or to reroute with a spiral flexible.

BTW,
My race car, waiting for a carburettor swap, from Solex to Dell'orto. It start, but need a fine tuning... my be this weekend.

Best regards
DaveH
Gold
Gold

Post by DaveH »

Excellent work! Looks like a quality installation.

So you've got 4 fuses and 3 relays. Are the relays 2 single poles and 1 double?

I'm prob going to do this installation myself. I've always assumed 4 fuses feeding 4 poles was the correct circuit. Which looks like what you have.
AlfettaGTV
Silver
Silver

Post by AlfettaGTV »

Hi!
Yes the job was profesionally done at the electrician workshop, a nice guy not fearing italian wirings!!!

The realy with the terminals in pink is the relay for the fog lights and sems to be a factory, or dealer installation. The new realys are the ones with green and red terminals. The relays are Hella, and I think I can take a close look and give you the part number.

I have absolutelly no idea about electrics, only the basics. I'm sorry.

Best regards, Alvaro.
jrreeve
Gold
Gold

Post by jrreeve »

Bump....anyone got any more detail on this procedure. My headlight are pathetic...would love to get a set of relays for mine.

Rob
'84 GTV6