Kingbobdole
Silver
Silver

No injection

Post by Kingbobdole »

So I've been playing with my 85 GTV6 for a while now and almost have it running. Problem is that I cannot get the fuel injectors to fire. When I key it up, I don't get anything to 86c, power from fuse 8 (which is good) So I've been jumping that so that when the MAF is opened the pump runs, also the injectors get power. One strange thing is the injectors get power on both sides, and seemingly no signal. I haven't got a noid light on it yet, but I doubt there's signal. If I fire the cold start injector, the car runs. I'm suspecting a PCM issue, so I have a few questions. Firstly, is there any sort of check engine light that should key up when I turn it on? Should the PCM get a constant power source for learned memory? My car seems to lack both. Any other thoughts would be appreciated..
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Re: No injection

Post by Greg Gordon »

Are the injector grounds ok?

Greg,
www.hiperformancestore.com (I have a picture of the grounds in my tech article there)
Kingbobdole
Silver
Silver

Post by Kingbobdole »

I did go through your article and checked all the grounds. Isnt the PCM supposed to ground the injectors though?
Kingbobdole
Silver
Silver

Post by Kingbobdole »

Just a minor update after digging through this car. I found a mysterious black and yellow wire behind the fuse block. It's been chained into the fuse 8 grey/green wire that goes to the multi relay. When I corrected this, the relay works more correctly, but for some reason the fuse 5 wire that powers the pump no longer is able to handle a load. I jumpered this wire a bit and decided that the intake tube was too damaged in order to pull the MAF open while cranking. I went through all the powers and grounds again and I'm still trying to make this work.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. :wall:
kowfy
Silver
Silver

Post by kowfy »

your post on this problem was a while ago.i'm looking for the same type of info.i'm jumping wires on my bi-relay to get injector pulse and fuel pump.i can't seem to get info on the ecu.the manual says check continuity from pin 16 to 28.on my computo there is no connectivity on those pins.i can't seem to get a straight answer that tells me if that means the ecu is bad.is there no one out there with ecu knowledge on this?