BotswanaAlfa
Gold
Gold

No fuel!

Post by BotswanaAlfa »

Hi again, ive been slowly working through the gremlins of my 1984 gtv6, and now have come to the moment of starting it! there is no fuel on the sparkplugs after i crank, and i started it with quick start and it ran beautifully! i stopped the quickstart and it cut, no fuel residue anywhere, i have checked each injector with a manual current and the yall spray fine. im at my wits end, is there something i should look at? are the injectors not being triggered? please help! :wall:
many thanks. :lol:
'83 GTV6 stock with Wildcat exhaust system
Theunis
Silver
Silver

Re: No fuel!

Post by Theunis »

Hi,
Check that the fuelpump activates when you move the flap in the airflow meter by hand (with the ignition switched on). I assume that you have a fuel injected 2.5/3.0 with the old Bosch system. The coldstart injector on the plenum should also activate when you crank the motor if I remember correctly.

T
BotswanaAlfa
Gold
Gold

Post by BotswanaAlfa »

yes it does activate but not strongly enough to turn the pump on (its a generic aftermarket one as the OEM was ruined) so i made a manual bypass to the battery, it pumps fuel okay but still nothing is being injected into the engine. :cry:
BotswanaAlfa
Gold
Gold

Post by BotswanaAlfa »

does anybody have any ideas? i have an ancient alarm in here thats causing all sorts of havoc, (i had to bypass the relays to even get it to crank) is it possible that the remote is somehow locking my injectors by not giving them any voltage? its the only thing i can think of. i can post pictures of it if anyone wants. also some of the wires are loose, could any of the loose wires be the one to the injector? would they even arrest the injectors? :x sorry for the ranting :oops:
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

If the grounds for the injectors are loose it won't fire the injectors at all. If the injectors are not plugged in they won't work either.

Spend the time to rid the car of the alarm system, then ensure that all the connections are good. read thru this and it will help: http://hiperformancestore.com/Ljetronic.htm

I hope that helps,
MR1 Zig (I made rate!)
Machinery Repairman USNR