BotswanaAlfa
Gold
Gold

jumpy speedo

Post by BotswanaAlfa »

Hi all, my vehicle is about to go in for roadworthy (finally!) and i need to get my speedo sorted, it comes on intermittently, and works for a while then dead again, sometimes it seems to semi work indicating 20-40 kph at 5th at 3000 rpm :shock: im not sure where the speedo sender unit is, ive tried looking here but found nothing. the speedo itself is new. the old one didnt work in the sense that the odometer ticked over but the speedo didnt. new one is different, odometer only works when the speedo works. im very confused!
:wall:
'83 GTV6 stock with Wildcat exhaust system
kevin
Verde
Verde

Re: jumpy speedo

Post by kevin »

Your sender unit is on gearbox at back . First check all electrical connections ie not burnt on exhaust etc . If you pull it out make sure front of car is higher than back as you going to have oil everywhere . Check the teeth on sender unit . If ll good then AK classics can repair . If not had sun instruments in benoni convert Giulietta 4 pole to a 2 pole function . Costly though . Best use sat nv in meantime . :D
BotswanaAlfa
Gold
Gold

Re: jumpy speedo

Post by BotswanaAlfa »

Damn so its not an easy fix? i read somewhere that its just that the sender units have a resistor in them that have a tendency to break off at the solder? or was that something else? if thatst he case il lsee about getting a second hand one or just fabbing a gps in instead :lol:
'83 GTV6 stock with Wildcat exhaust system