75evo
Verde
Verde

ECU Options

Post by 75evo »

Well I've tentatively sold my 3.0 12V + Autronic. Looking for an alternative setup for my 3.2 24V.

At the top of my list as an Autronic SM4. But it's kinda expensive.

I know members here have the following:
1-Adaptronic - Duk has this
2-Megasquirt - SteveR, Mike Harris, gtv-racer
3-Emerald 3D - JK
4-Gotech - JJ, KevinR

I've also been thinking of the DTA Pro S80 and Link G4.

One thing about the MS, I guess depending on which version, you have to deal with things like signal integrity which you don't have to with other better known brands.

This is for a race car. So let's discuss this old topic, yet again :mrgreen:
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Re: ECU Options

Post by Jim K »

Find someone to make you a dedicated wiring harness and use the 164Q4 ecu with a remap. Or, find a Lancia Kappa 24v ecu on ebay etc (I got several for ~30-80€) get someone to remove the immobilizer and use that with a remap. How much cheaper can you get?

Jim K.
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Re-map is too difficult here. Motronic maping is nonexistent.

But if you know if you have a re-mapped 3.2 ecu for sale with harness, I'll email you so we can deal.

I'm even looking at LINK G4+.
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

I just contacted Beninca and got a good quote. I think most likely I will go back to Autronic, an SM3 this time.

But still, I am still open to others.

I have been looking around at Link forums. Their G4+ ecu line look interesing and software seems good.

BTW, what made you choose emerald 3d?

If I was in europe, I wouldn't even be looking at aftermarket stuff. I would just go with a de-immobilized Bosch ECU and a good remap. Alas the situation is not the same in the US.
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

No two engines are alike, so my remap (when done) will not be perfect for your engine. The guy that made two identical harnesses for us here got 500€ each and would not choose to repeat as it turned out to be more work than he thought (these are for Bosch 164Q4 ecu)... Motronic remapping is no problem here, all dynos do it. I also have a very short (~3") Bosch harness connector to Emerald ecu harness, for when the time comes to switch to Emerald. Why Emerald? Does all I want, they preconfigured it according to my engine particulars and ...Dave Walker did a special price for me (first Alfa 24v application).

Jim K.
maxiboy
Gold
Gold

Post by maxiboy »

Emerald is my prefered choice too if mine ever fails again or fitted to the 3.8 to run bodies
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

What do guys think of the DTA S80 Pro?
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

Very good quality. Preferred brand for many dirttrack car racers over here. Renown for robustness. Easy to work with as well apparently.

My choice would be VEMS. Because of the many good reviews i have read on different websites and the dutch importer is local to me and happens to be a friend of a friend.. :) Very experienced guy who was involved with lots of high bhp builds. Down to earth guy as well.
Drive it like you stole it...