75evo
Verde
Verde

ICV / Idle Valve / Idle Actuator

Post by 75evo »

Hi Guys,

My 164 Super 24V doesn't seem to send signal to the ICV. Ground is good, but no signal on pins 1 & 2. Is this a Motronic problem? No relays connected to it right? I didn't even see a signal on my scope from pin 2 (I think a PWM signal). Pin 1 is 12V I believe. Help! :D
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Re: ICV / Idle Valve / Idle Actuator

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

For some functions motronic uses ground signals to activate stuff. Things like injectors get a permanent 12v feed when the ignition is turned on. Opening of the injectors is regulated by ground signals.

Perhaps the aux air valve works in the same way?
Drive it like you stole it...
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Problem fixed. Swapped knock sensor and IAC connectors :lol: . I still think Motronic is g@y though :lol: 15 years with Autronic not A SINGLE problem I could not diagnose with my laptop.
Murray
Verde
Verde

Post by Murray »

75evo
Yah I get where you're coming from but I think it's worthwhile remembering that Motronic was pretty slick-reliable stuff in it's day.At the time the japanese were sort of copying the Bosch stuff, sometimes improving it- sometimes not.Usa was hot to trot with throttlebody systems - Hah!
So L-Jet and Motronic were major advances in the mass-market engine management systems at the time.Given all that, my GTV6 runs a Megasquirt ECU and I'm pretty damn happy !
My Audi issues I deal with using my Rosstech cable and with VCDS I can even turn on individual lamps from my keyboard as well as pretty well anything else related to the multiple ECU's in this machine.
Ah ain't evolution and free markets grand.
1986-GTV6
1989-75 Twinspark very sadly sold-remarkable sedan !
2014 Audi Q5 3.0l TDI - torque MONSTER