Are you interested in buying a tank (for $120)?

Yes
73%
No
28%

Total votes: 40

Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

GTV6 expansion tanks by Canton Racing Products.

Post by Michael »

I heard from the people at Canton today and they gave me some prices for the expansion tanks. They have one of my old ones there and reckon that they can form a 'drop in' replacement made out of aluminium for the following prices (dependant on the number of orders):

10 tanks, $120.00 each
6 tanks, $150.00 each
1 tank, approximately $200.00

I'll add a poll to this thread to guage interest - please post here too so we can get a buy group going if enough people are interested.

Cheers,
Last edited by Michael on Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Michael
1981 GTV6
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

I will buy two if needed to get to one of the price breaks, I really think this is great!
Don
Silver
Silver

Post by Don »

I'm in for one.
Mottic
Silver
Silver

Post by Mottic »

At $150 I'd be game for one - like Sam I'd probably willing to go for two if it meant getting the quantity up to the next level for a discount.
Ryan
'84 GTV6
'91 164S x2
DaveH
Gold
Gold

Post by DaveH »

I'm in too. Sam, Don and I will probably do a group buy.
Little Italian
Silver
Silver

Expansion tanks.

Post by Little Italian »

Why go to an aluminum tank? The plastic tanks are now available from Vicks for about forty dollars. I saw a red plastic expansion tank on the "old bottles" site. They talk alot about there turbo experience and neoprene hose sets for GTV6s. Have kits available too. Wonder where they got the red tank. Search old bottles on the web.
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

I think the plastic tanks are a lot like the mechanical tensioners, there have been people who have been bitten by new tanks, I bought two last time, the first never worked, leaked out a seam, the second one has been on there about 2.5 years and looks like it is starting to develope a crack on top, so a nice permanent Aluminum tank would be a fix it and forget it solution and would give me one less thing to think about on the long road trips.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

The red tank on my site is a standard white tank dyed with RIT dye, which a common trick in the radio controled race car crowd. Some say boiling with RIT dye makes the part stronger, I don't know if it does but it makes it look cool. Also the hoses on my site are Silicone, not neoprene. I don't want to change the subject here, I just need to straigten out any innaccuracies I see regarding my stuff.
Little Italian
Silver
Silver

Silicone Hoses

Post by Little Italian »

Greg:

Sorry for the inaccuracy regarding the hoses you sell. Maybe you should send me a complimentary set so I can run a test to make sure there silicone.

Ha!

Bud
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

Greg, are we ready to do an order?
DaveH
Gold
Gold

Post by DaveH »

I'm ready.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I will get one if it's not any bigger then the stock tank. Room there is really tight with the supercharger, I mean tight like 1/32 of an inch!
Scott in MN
Silver
Silver

Post by Scott in MN »

I'd buy one at $120.
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

Sorry Greg, I should have addressed my question to Michael. If memory serves me correct, the one I saw looked like a direct copy of the plastic bottle, just in Alum.
SimonB
Gold
Gold

Post by SimonB »

I too am interested! I will buy as long as those guys at Canton will ship across the pond. The Euro is really strong right now!