Are you interested in buying a tank (for $120)?

Yes
73%
No
28%

Total votes: 40

DaveH
Gold
Gold

Post by DaveH »

So, a 1" spacer plus a washer on the tank side should work. At least for 2 of the mounts.

I've not seen these with sheetmetal threads, but I'll search around.

Excuse my ignorance, but isn't the underside accessible? We could use thread/thread iso mounts, with a nut on the underside.

Prob need to keep in mind that heat transfer may influence the sandwich material. Neoprene instead of rubber would solve this.

If you need me to, I can take your tank and look into cutting and rewelding the angle, then I could UPS it back to Canton. I can't give you a timeframe on this though, as the weld shop is pretty busy here right now. I could grease things along with a Home Depot gift card maybe...
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

The mounts on the inner fender are plastic inserts into the metal of the inner fender that uses a sheet metal screw, you can see them as the white spots in the pics under the mounting tabs on the tank. Maybe we could just get a hollow spacer and use a inch and a half sheet metal screw for the back two mounts. The angle mount is directly over the mounting point on a 90 degree angle, the problem is that both the mounts are tilted about 30-45 degrees, so we would have to have the 30-45 degree angle at each end of the bracket, which is easy enough.

I say we go ahead and fix one and send it back to canton so those that don't want the spacers don't have to have them.
DaveH
Gold
Gold

Post by DaveH »

Let's look at this tonight over a pint. We seem to do our best thinking in these situations. I'm feeling generous; I'll let you buy.
enzo
Platinum
Platinum

Post by enzo »

do they check her mails?! wrote them 2 days ago because i want to order 4 tanks....
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

Enzo, did you address it to David? I think that canton has a single email address for orders, but David is in charge of this project, so you might have to mention him in the email. If you have problems, let me know and I will contact him for you.
enzo
Platinum
Platinum

Post by enzo »

@SamW
I send the mail to sales@can..... do you have David's adress?
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

Enzo, that is it, just put David and Alfa Romeo in the subject line, that way they will know to give it to him,
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

OK, I made a trip to the hardware store this morning and made some spacers for the tank, looks like it works, a quick fix for those not wanting to send the tanks back. about $5 worth of little stuff for the install, I now have mine in and will take for a drive in a little while.
Attachments
Install tank.jpg
Install tank.jpg (69.21 KiB) Viewed 13846 times
tank spacer.jpg
tank spacer.jpg (34.82 KiB) Viewed 13848 times
jema
Silver
Silver

Post by jema »

...I don't get any reply from Canton! I sent my e-mail two weeks ago to canton and I put "David, Alfa Romeo" in the subject!

*help*
/Mattias A
DaveH
Gold
Gold

Post by DaveH »

I've been in touch with David in Canton, using telephone. He's been v helpful.

He sent me the drawing of the tank on Friday. Sam and I took some measurements Sun. I marked up the dwg and sent it back with my tank today. David is going to grind off the old mounts, fab and weld on new ones that will sit lower. Once he sends the tank back my way, I'll install and confirm fit.

Hopefully this will solve the design's fit-up problem.
Fiorano
Silver
Silver

Post by Fiorano »

sorry about the trouble everybody
Enzo i have your emails, Shipping to Sweden is 153.00 US for 1 tank
Shipping to Switzerland for Enzo for 3 or 5 tanks will be oofa
200+
as Canton only ships UPS.

We have started some changes on some new tanks, and everyone who doesn't want to or can't fashion the fix above, just send them back and we will fix per the drawings and dimensions i recieved.

Cheers all
and We are speaking with AutoInternational so they should be the new source if any missed the group by- stay tuned.
the battle between Sir Lancelot, and Sir Lancenotenoughreally, was short lived and decidedly one sided.
enzo
Platinum
Platinum

Post by enzo »

@Fiorano

ok...I need 6 tanks....can you make me an other offer for the shipping? because over 200$ just for shipping ist to much. why not via USPS?!
Mottic
Silver
Silver

Post by Mottic »

Fiorano wrote:...and We are speaking with AutoInternational so they should be the new source if any missed the group by- stay tuned.
As in, IAP??
Ryan
'84 GTV6
'91 164S x2
jema
Silver
Silver

Post by jema »

...since the shipping cost is so high and I have to pay customs and tax on the price including shipping I wonder:

Is there anyone who can by me a tank in the states and send it surfacemail to sweden? If you do, you can earn $10 or something! =)

If so, I'm checking this mail everyday;

jema@www.hultsfred.se

/ciao
Attachments
This car will need you help to get a new tank!
This car will need you help to get a new tank!
514.jpg (131.51 KiB) Viewed 13714 times
/Mattias A
Fiorano
Silver
Silver

Post by Fiorano »

yes we cetainly are cracking not only to do the hieght fix- but to send off the catalog piece (if we make it in time) to IAS
so fear not, to RightPondians we may find an alternative to UPS shipping rates.
I will keep all informed.
BTW any one play with Mega Squirt?
the battle between Sir Lancelot, and Sir Lancenotenoughreally, was short lived and decidedly one sided.