sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

water pump brands?

Post by sh0rtlife »

anyone have a preferance or any brands to stay away from?....seems mine bit the dust today..was told it was new when the engine was put into it :roll: and i put the belt onto the car long before i bought it

ive got some shavings in the coolant bottle..a cold radiator cause the fans are working and a hot block...ima verify the T-stat is opening but 10-1 odds the pump is dead

i can get re-man'd localy thru napa for 60$ ...2 brands thru shucks/kragen 70$ and 120$ 2 thru autozone 70 or 150 for a reman?!?!?!?
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

no input at all?!?!?!? :?:
brookstroutr
Gold
Gold

Post by brookstroutr »

shortlife,

I wouldn't go cheap on this as this is a weak link and considering the work involved. I did mine recently and got it from Andy at Performatek. It's a Buggati OEM unit. It was around $120 USD last summer.
Regards,

N. G. Brooks Robinson
'84 GTV6
'84 M635CSi
magari
Silver
Silver

Re: water pump brands?

Post by magari »

I did mine yesterday. It was a Saleri (SIL) from International it was $76.95. Made in Italy. Don't know if SIL is OEM, but I have done my share of Alfa water pump changes over the years and have seen SIL on many pumps.

If the pump has not been changed in many years, be ready for broken bolts. Once you are re-assembling, make sure you use plenty of anti seize on all water pumps bolts including the thermostat housing bolts.
Doug

1986 3.0 GTV6
1991 Spider