Terafrost
Gold
Gold

Motronic Water Pump

Post by Terafrost »

Hey All,

I've been chasing a water pump for my Motronic 3.0 75/Milano (Potenziata here in Aus) for a while and it appears that they are as rare as rocking horse s*!t. I'm told they are the same as an SZ and quite different to the 12V 164 engine that followed.

Before I go mucking around with custom machined pulleys or removing and pressing different flanges on their respective new shafts, does anyone have a lead on these bad boys? Surely the 1300 or so SZ/RZ owners out there aren't completely screwed come next belt change?

Help! :shock:

Cheers
Alex

1985 GTV6
1983 GTV6 - Project
1985 ALFA 90 GCL - in many, many pieces... Anyone?
1987 ALFA 75 TwinSpark - Now running around Victoria.
enzo
Platinum
Platinum

Re: Motronic Water Pump

Post by enzo »

Mapco, Magneti Marelli, GK, Hella are producing them...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/311328626820
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Potenziato pumps have a different and detachable pulley. This enables removal of the crank pulley without also removing water pump. You can try contacting My-Alfa.com in Germany, they have both pumps and the Potenziato is actually cheaper at 81€. Here is the page from their online catalog with the Potenziato pump on the right:
Terafrost
Gold
Gold

Post by Terafrost »

Thanks guys... Should have known to come here first. 3 forums and they're all talking about custom pulleys and such.

To your point, Jim; I figured out that the removable pulley is of a different size than the 164 pump - which is what everybody was trying to sell me.

Thanks again!
Alex

1985 GTV6
1983 GTV6 - Project
1985 ALFA 90 GCL - in many, many pieces... Anyone?
1987 ALFA 75 TwinSpark - Now running around Victoria.