KevinR
Verde
Verde

Re: Check your radiator!

Post by KevinR »

Does the 75 TD radiator just drop in ? I see the pins are further apart on the eBay drawing . Does that match up to the other hole in the cradle . Is the radiator from TD thicker or just wider ( TD is 613 mm vs 566mm) .
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Drops right in the 75 chassis as there are a few extra holes in the x-member. Outside dimensions: 420mm high, 640mm wide, 40mm thick. To properly expose the entire core to airflow, you have to remove a strip of sheet metal from the side of the frame -nothing structural, just plain thin sheet.

Jim K.
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Jim is referring to the super thin vertical metal strip on the battery tray side..

You may need a longer hose from the thermostat housing to the inlet. I just spliced a copper pipe in there. If your mate's car has a modified t-stat housing (it's a 3.2 transplant right?) where the ouput points towards the batter tray side , then it would be possible to find a universal silicone hose.
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Both my 75's are 1st series 1.8T, so I had to cut the piece shown to fully expose the TD rad. The holes in the top are where the turbo plastic intercooler duct bolted on -now gone with the water/air IC in the other car.

Jim K.