John in Denver
Silver
Silver

Receiver/dryer rewiring.

Post by John in Denver »

I'm about to rebuild my a/c system and have purchased a new receiver/dryer with just a single pressure switch. Can anyone tell me how to re-arrange the wires from the original double switch to fit the new one??

Also, I'm going to replace the hoses. I haven't looked closely yet but how is the access to the hose that passes through the bulkhead to the passenger compartment? Is that easy to get at??

I've already got a new condenser and updated compressor. Those sections of it all look comparatively easy.

Anything else I should consider doing while I'm working on this system :?:
Reale
Gold
Gold

Pressure switch

Post by Reale »

If you look at how the original switches were wired, I think you will see that they were set up in series, so that both switches needed to be "on" to complete the circuit. So, once you remove the old switches, you should be left with two wires. Connecting them together should energize the compressor clutch. I just connected those two wires to the new "binary" switch, and it worked fine. The switch turns "on" at a minimum pressure that must exist in the system (that indicates that there is a charge of refrigerant in the circuit), and turns off at a maximum pressure.
Of course, all this assumes GTV6 "Tropic-Aire."
So far, my R134 conversion has continued to work, and has been a real lifesaver in South Carolina-even in traffic!!!
-Al
Al Mitchell
Reale Motorsports
#82 E Production
Alfa Romeo GTV6
Jack_Linguini
Silver
Silver

AC parts

Post by Jack_Linguini »

Hi John,

I live in Denver too. I have an 84 black GTV6.
I've removed my AC compressor and other various AC
if you have need for any/all of it.

bests

Jim L
j.v. Lentini
1984 ALFA GTV6 2.5