sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

shift arm referance?

Post by sh0rtlife »

looking for a reference point to "correctly" mount the shift arm on my gtv6..its a TS case that i swapped in the correct shift rod from

i made the mistake of not making a reference mark on the arm before removing it from the rod(its the splined type):oops: ...its in and working but the shifter feels a lil funny when pushing over into 5th (spring/stiff)

im 99% positive im a few splines off from the correct position...but how much and which way :?:

sooo anyone have a pic or diagram or something to get me in the correct location?

LOVING my TS box, no 2nd gear crunch, and LSD :shock: :twisted: ..makes putting the gtv6 sideways EASY :lol:
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

If you select neutral, the box wil come naturally to rest in the 3<>4 gate position. The spline location is not critical and you can locate it wherever the angle of the gear lever feels best for you. Of course there is a limit which you will find out by fouling the transmission tunnel if you over do it. It may require a bit of trial and error until you settle on a compromise that suits.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

i was afraid of that ....its not simple to get access too.....i may drill a hole in the floor pan to fit a rubber plug to make it easyer since ill probably have to tweek it a few times