Andres
Silver
Silver

Post by Andres »

Hi, it has taken a bit more time finding the needed parts for my rebuild. Anyway the bigest problem so far has beenn finding bearings, the ones located in the middle flange. Does someone have a source for these bearings???. As Mats has already said its becoming difficult to find this parts as the answer always seems to be "no we dont have them", even the bearings codes seem to be strange.
Another question......I found one dog teeth missing in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears, Ive been told that is not a big deal....is this correct?
Attachments
Needed Bearings
Needed Bearings
Bearings 004.jpg (145.48 KiB) Viewed 5267 times
Not a very good picture but you can see the missing teeth
Not a very good picture but you can see the missing teeth
dog teeth.jpg (42.65 KiB) Viewed 5266 times
82' GTV6
tectoteam
Gold
Gold

Post by tectoteam »

all the bearings can be found...exepted...
the one is on the left. the 'shouldered' one.
special make to alfa from 'bearing man' dont remenber id its fag or skf...
but he is...strong...if you dont find it refit it...

a few month ago you can get this one from alfa, but that kind of parts, are from a source that will end a day.

also , for the missing theets, its strange, never saw it on a GB. :shock:
its not dramatical, but...were is the missing part then ?
also that part is no more provided by alfa.
if you got other boxes, get it from 4 and 5 gear(different in 1fst gear), use a press to outa them by 'holding' the snap ring into jaws.
2 stroke addict
Andres
Silver
Silver

Post by Andres »

Well I imagine the missing teeth just desintegrated inside the gearbox. When I removed the drain bolt a bunch of metal dust came out with it.
As for the bearings I'm still searching.........if someone could give me the AR parts number for this bearings it would be great.
82' GTV6
tectoteam
Gold
Gold

Post by tectoteam »

in fact..theres 2 fittings.

one like you...one ball bearing(rear side of the flange) and one roll bearing(for front side) per shaft.
and a other fitting that appears later on time, with all ball bearings for the two shafts.
all this speaking only about the bearings on you photo.

imho i prefer the ball/roll combo instead of later ball/ball combo.
i do not see where it is needed to fit second roll bearing beacause of when you pull trhottle on, this is only the ball bearing on rear side that suffer really

then ...

the 3 bearings at rigth you can find them probably every where much cheaper than alfa store...they are standart metric bearings...

but the one in left with shoulder...looks like its alfa part dealer only...
alfa reference of this crazy ball bearing is: 60518190 (in past an another reference was 60522041 and before 60522040)
here he is awesomely expensive..100€...->~130$...

try at iap in usa or ebspares in uk or someone like.

hope this help.
good luck
2 stroke addict
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

I have never seen roller bearings in the intermediate flange, you say it's a factory item?

I disagree that only one bearing take up axial load, it depends on which direction you load them, for starters, one axle wil need the ball bearing on the front side and the other on the rear side (if we only talk about acceleration), it will be reversed when on the overrun.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
tectoteam
Gold
Gold

Post by tectoteam »

Mats wrote:I have never seen roller bearings in the intermediate flange, you say it's a factory item?

I disagree that only one bearing take up axial load, it depends on which direction you load them, for starters, one axle wil need the ball bearing on the front side and the other on the rear side (if we only talk about acceleration), it will be reversed when on the overrun.
yes, factory fitting...
one roller bearing, and one ball bearing for each shaft.like in Andress fitting on picture above
roller is on rear side.
in EU it looks like to be the fitting in early models.
after they go for 2 ballbearing in each side of flange in each shaft.

hum..about the one bearing take up axial load, its for the roller/ball fitting.
when i speak about one way axial load i mean that the case where its much important is under acceleration.
also theses ball bearing had double inner cage then accept 2 ways load.
speaking about the speacial bearing with shoulder, that sit on him shoulder in middle flange under the load of the acceleration.

my fell about the pinion/crown:
no matter if that load comes from shaft or wheels
because they always tend to separate one from each other under load...
then it always push the secondary shaft on the middle flange, then it always load on the rear side of the rear ball shouldered bearing.

i guess its very simple to think with straigth cut, but with helicut some things comes up in more ?
i dont remenber the way of the heli is setted then what it should make under loads.
also...if i remenber...: heli cut :x , sin20° =8%....that loose...on a 300hp...its 330 with straigth..like a bmw m3
it should be come so + or - loads depending acceleration or overrun.

EDIT: :lol: i just reread my post...carrefull !! im a dangerous guy, just fit some rear instead of front, vice verca ect...i set it rigth now (iguess i miss nothing)

Mats...you know..sometimes when i reread things that i just write, i fear myself... english is not natural for me...and probably it happens i said something and 10 sec after something close to the opposite :D
2 stroke addict
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Hehe, English isn't my first language either so I understand what you mean. :wink:

I thought the bearings in the pics above was the pinion bearing (the one without outer race), the end bearing for the input shaft (I realize now that's a needle roller bearing, right) and two intermediate flange bearing halves from one of the shafts.

Strange. Maybe that's making the sound, the wrong type bearing creates play in the diff -> whine. :roll:
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!