FLETCH
Silver
Silver

2 TRANNIES ??

Post by FLETCH »

Has anyone seen or thought of this before, interesting!

Ebay Link
81 GTV 2.5 V6 (SOON TO BE 3L )
86 GTV6 GP
90 164 (ENGINE DONOR)GONE !!!
2013 Mito for the Wifey.
zambon
Verde
Verde

Post by zambon »

Good grief!

I have been wasting my time lusting after 6 speeds, this guy has 25!
MerrilGordon
Gold
Gold

Post by MerrilGordon »

Is this a sheep in wolfs clothing ? Although reminicent of the Autodelta Alfetta race cars, those were built to race regulations that had limitations like engine displacement. In this day and age I'd think the engine in that car would be pretty wimpy compared to even average cars out on the road today. Looks like it needs more power from a bigger engine or a supercharger of some sort. Wheels look average size as well. Seems like it needs more tire and wheel too. LSD ?
I'm probably being too much of a critic though.

Merril
82 GTV6 3.0
joey
Gold
Gold

Post by joey »

LOL, can honestly say that never occured to me... wonder what it would be like to drive.. As far as my brain goes, using 3-4-5 on the transaxle might actually be useful ! you can use the 1-5 of the spider tranny as normal, but choose your final diff ratio ! leaving it in 3rd in the back will give a 5.33 final, 4th is pretty much 4.11 and 5th would give a nice cruise, around a 3:1 !! (cant remember the exact gears, but you get the gist) wonder if he removed the first two gears off the rear box?!?
"Fun is an unintended, unforeseen, and usually undignified consequence of life."
zambon
Verde
Verde

Post by zambon »

I was thinking about how he could use this setup to have the world´s fastest 1/4 mile time... in reverse.
He could put the T/A in reverse and shift the spider box as normal and have five reverse gears. I think that reverse 1/4 mile would be an interesting event. haha
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

does anyone know what mysterious voodoo the glenwood front mount gearbox uses in place of a clutch. is it a bimmer clutch... an alfa clutch... or is it pure racer x?
v
joey
Gold
Gold

Post by joey »

zambon wrote:I was thinking about how he could use this setup to have the world´s fastest 1/4 mile time... in reverse.
He could put the T/A in reverse and shift the spider box as normal and have five reverse gears. I think that reverse 1/4 mile would be an interesting event. haha
that wouldn't work would it? Since reverse is a pretty big reduction ratio, i dont think you'ld go much faster in terms of top speed.. you'ld benefit from the overdrive of the 5th gear in the front box, but thats about it !! a whole 25% increase in top speed or such.. no biggie.. (in gear acceleration would be awesome in reverse tho !) hehe
"Fun is an unintended, unforeseen, and usually undignified consequence of life."
zambon
Verde
Verde

Post by zambon »

Ok joey,
Assuming your 25% increase estimate is correct, who is going to come up and beat this thing in down a reverse 1/4 mile?
Furthermore, the Alfetta looks like it might be more aerodynamic in reverse than when it is going forward.
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

I don't know if the world record in reverse driving is broken but in 1978 a couple of Finns drove on a race track 1769 km only reversing.
For the non-calculus guys this makes an average of 74 km/h. Including refueling etc.
Car was Volvo 343 which has a variator drive making it almost as fast both ways.
joey
Gold
Gold

Post by joey »

zambon wrote:Ok joey,
Assuming your 25% increase estimate is correct, who is going to come up and beat this thing in down a reverse 1/4 mile?
Furthermore, the Alfetta looks like it might be more aerodynamic in reverse than when it is going forward.
hehe.. this is what boredom does to ya kiddies !! :wink: lol.