stink
Silver
Silver

Help with clutch..please

Post by stink »

This is my first post though i have been lurking for awhile. i have a 1984 gtv6, that blew a throwout bearing awhile ago (some of this saga is on alfabb if anyone cares). I have just finished droping the transaxle, and replacing the old clutch and throwout with a new one. I have buttoned everything back up, and went to bleed the slave cylinder. it bleed rathere easily, but when i close the bleed screww the clutch becoms stiff, like a brake pedel. It will not depress nor move the piston of the slave. I am stumped. any and all advice, help, suggestions, laughs, etc are welcomed :lol: . Thanks in advance.
84 GTV6
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

i wonder if the slave is stuck......loosen or better yet REMOVE the bleeder and see if you can push the piston on the slave in by hand...if you cant then its stuck
stink
Silver
Silver

Post by stink »

The slave piston will retract into the bore, I had to push it in to get it into the clutch fork. I guess i could have the fork in incorectly, but it fits the pivot flush, and is angled forward. Though, I cannot mannually push the fork against the throwout and have it move ( i suspect this is why it needed a hydrualic system).
84 GTV6
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

the only other thing i can think of is a bad flex hose...

but check that your master isnt leaking fluid to the inside of the car
stink
Silver
Silver

Post by stink »

All is now well. Took the slave out and checked it it was good, reset clutch fork this was the problem. Put it all back together and drove it on a quick blast. Thanks to all for the help! :)
84 GTV6