Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Re: driveshaft conversion

Post by Greg Gordon »

I think it's a Mercedes Donut, with extra metal triangles. It's probably very strong.

Greg
killaz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by killaz »

Woohoo 330 eur! Can they make me a milkshake too? :lol:
max
Silver
Silver

Post by max »

MD wrote:max,

If that is a GKN or Lemforder coupling, what is the part number for the front donut used in the TS racer please?

Sorry, no GKN or Lemforder part!
These are special parts which where made in Germany.
They withstand more than 400Nm! :twisted:
The additional metal parts are made of stainless steel and aluminiu. :arrow: No rusty look any more. :!:

CU, :wink:
Max
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

One has a trangle on one side and one on the other side? That would make sense.
The others have a six-pointed star on only one side? If that's the case I'm questioning the design, that would couple the shafts together rigid and the rubber would only be some sort of a spacer... :?
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
max
Silver
Silver

Post by max »

Mats wrote:One has a trangle on one side and one on the other side? That would make sense.
The others have a six-pointed star on only one side? If that's the case I'm questioning the design, that would couple the shafts together rigid and the rubber would only be some sort of a spacer... :?
No, no :!:
Does only look so.
There are two triangles next to each other.
Only for transportation. :lol:
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Sounds better...
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

GKN and Lemforder are made in Germany.What's so special about your couplings? In anycase, the triangulation plates are of marginal value. Trinagulation from the flywheel mounts and the three flanges on the prop shaft in addition to the triangulation in the Alfa donut itself is already there and does not assit the saving of these units from destruction so from whatI can see their value is slight if any.

The only value that I can see is a robust coupling which has Alfa PCD and bolt sizes AND the correct outside diameter. If not, its not worth a cracker.

If you are not willing to share the details of the product so others can make use of the information, why are you putting this post up anyway?
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
max
Silver
Silver

Post by max »

MD wrote:If you are not willing to share the details of the product so others can make use of the information, why are you putting this post up anyway?
Hm, I don't really know, maybe because i am selling these sets!?!?!? :lol:
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

In that case this stuff belongs in the Classified and Parts section of the Forum not here.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

MD wrote:In that case this stuff belongs in the Classified and Parts section of the Forum not here.
Agree.
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
max
Silver
Silver

Post by max »

MD wrote:In that case this stuff belongs in the Classified and Parts section of the Forum not here.

OK, sorry!
I thought it could be helpful if somebody needs an idea or any solution
against the poor quality of the original or Pirelli parts. :wink:
If I would need help or any information I won't search in the buy and sell section.

Regards, :wink:
Max
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

You claim it can take quite a lot of torque, 400Nm but it was tested on a 75 TS racer which probably has less than 250Nm. And how long were they tested, one race/ one year?

If i were to pay 330 euro's for a set off rubber donuts i would like to know more about how they were tested/ made. And where i could get a replacement rubber if one fail's... :wink:
Drive it like you stole it...
max
Silver
Silver

Post by max »

Giuliettaevo2 wrote:You claim it can take quite a lot of torque, 400Nm but it was tested on a 75 TS racer which probably has less than 250Nm. And how long were they tested, one race/ one year?

If i were to pay 330 euro's for a set off rubber donuts i would like to know more about how they were tested/ made. And where i could get a replacement rubber if one fail's... :wink:
Hey Giuliettaevo2,

they where also tested on my AR 75 2,0TTS :twisted: which will probably have more than 400Nm! :lol:
Why would you like to know how they are made :?: :?
Should I now tell you, that all beginns with 2 halfe shells where the liquid rubber gets injected under pressure. The bushings where set in place before and where wraped round with some special art of fiber.......

The replacement rubber, if it will be needed, could also be bought from me.

Regards, :wink:
Maxx
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

My translation was a bit wobbly.. :lol: How they are made is not really interesting offcourse. :wink:

So they are made especially for you?That way we can only hope nothing happens to you if we ever need a new one. :?

The initiative is very good! :P it's just a shame that most Alfa-drivers are often quite cheap :oops: and like to get things as cheap as possible or make them themselves.(this goes for me for sure.. :oops: )

This topic shows how people help eachother with info and telling about problems they encountered while searching for a solution for the weak Alfa donuts. Your contribution may as well be a solution but the way it was brought into this topic is not quite acceptable for the technicians here i think. :wink: They want to know how stuff works and what it's made off, not where they can buy it. :)
Drive it like you stole it...
gtvpaouer
Silver
Silver

Post by gtvpaouer »

max wrote:they where also tested on my AR 75 2,0TTS :twisted: which will probably have more than 400Nm! :lol:
Maxx
Hello Max, nice initiative!
Looks good, but how much do the couplings withstand when the angle is a bit off, say 2-3 degrees. Thick that is the reality for rear coupling when used with original gearbox mounts, atleast if accelerating hard or using gaspedal in a wrong way.