xrad
Verde
Verde

Re: ring gear spalling!!!

Post by xrad »

ahhh Italy(the motherland..)..for some reason I thought you were in england or something.

But if you can find a twin spark 75 with LSD, why not use that transaxle?

Is it very different from V6 version(gearing, strength)? I have never seen one...
zar162b4
Silver
Silver

Post by zar162b4 »

Hi,
Mostly because the bearing indicated by the arrow on the drawing was supplied in 2 different sizes:
-a smaller one for 4 cylinders non turbocharged alfas (1,3 – 1,6 – 1,8 – 2,0 including twin spark and turbodiesel)
-a bigger one for the 6 cylinders and turbocharged alfas (2,5 – 3,0 – 1,8 turbo – 2,4 turbodiesel)

To be on the safe side, I’d need to replace that bearing, since the twin spark box has the small bearing and my gtv6 box would need the bigger one. This is not quite easy to do and would force me to use the GTV6 casing to fit the bearing (or buy a 75 turbo gearbox, changing the hypoid gear).
Last but not least, I’d need a Dakota Digital Converter, I’d have to swap the stub axles and fit the slave cylinder bracket on the twin spark gearbox…
For this reason, I’ll stick to the original GTV6 box and just fit the LSD, which is the same for all the engines fitted on the transaxle Alfas
Regards
Oscar
Attachments
Transaxle cross-section (top side view)
Transaxle cross-section (top side view)
75.JPG (143.25 KiB) Viewed 2385 times
xrad
Verde
Verde

Post by xrad »

yep. that makes sense. I thought all 75 transaxles were the same...