Bruce
Gold
Gold

GTV6 / 75 gearbox mounts

Post by Bruce »

.. can anyone confirm if the GTV6 and 75 3 litre gearbox mounts are the same?
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Re: GTV6 / 75 gearbox mounts

Post by Greg Gordon »

The forward mounts are not the same, the 75 mounts have spacer plates welded to the bottoms. I have an explanation of this on my website, along with a description of what to do about it if you need to use 75 mounts on a GTV6.

Greg,
www.hiperformancestore.com
Bruce
Gold
Gold

Post by Bruce »

Thanks. There is a certain Alfa spares dealer in the UK that tells me they are the same. I know the 75 3 litre and GTV6 mounts are bigger then the TS and Alfetta 2.0 litre but I am not too sure if the larger one for both cars was the same.
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

they are not the same, That is what greg is saying.

thats piss poor which ever dealer that is. They stopped making gtv6 mounts 10years ago.
Luis
Gold
Gold

Post by Luis »

Bruce wrote:Thanks. There is a certain Alfa spares dealer in the UK that tells me they are the same. I know the 75 3 litre and GTV6 mounts are bigger then the TS and Alfetta 2.0 litre but I am not too sure if the larger one for both cars was the same.
As far as i know you can use the mounts, TS mounts are 1.5cm longer than 3.0 ones, but the 3.0 Watt have 1.5cm spacers.... so the overall height of the attachemt is the same.

The only thing that i don´t agree whith Greg is that the spacers are not welded.
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

all the ones i have seen are spot welded. speaking from experience, i fitted 75 mounts and i got vibration. after i took the plates off, no vibration.
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

3.0 75 forward mounts have 1.5cm spacer????, huh, never seen that. Do you mean 1.5mm spacer? all the euro 75 V6 mounts I have seen have a 1.5 mm spacer spotted on, 4 spot welds easily drilled off.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

On all the Milano mounts I have seen the spacers have been welded. I normally leave them on and shim the crossmember to bring everything back into alignment. I have pictures and a description of how to do that here: http://www.hiperformancestore.com/guiboDSclutch.htm

Greg
Guran
Silver
Silver

Post by Guran »

Doesn't shimming the crossmember give you less anti-dive? Maybe its minimal and nothing to worry about?
Gustav Strandberg

GTV6 GP 2.5 '87 Street Car
GTV 2.0 '83 Race Car
GTV 2.0 '78 Junk
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I don't know, but we are talking about 2-3mm here. If it makes a difference in Anti-Dive, I can't feel it.

Greg
la_strega_nera
Platinum
Platinum

Post by la_strega_nera »

There's no anti dive/anti squat in the de-dion rearend because there's no torque being reacted by the de-dion beam - (well, there's a small amount of anti-squat from the front pivot being above ground level, but it's nothing like the live axle guys generate)
Would be a different situation if it weren't for the inboard brakes.
1966 GTV
1982 Suzuki "Bathurst" Katana
1995 Cagiva Mito (race kitted 250 powered)
Romeo69
Silver
Silver

Post by Romeo69 »

Hi all,

I just wanted to know the right height of the front transaxle mounts?

I had vibrations on my newly acquired '83 gtv6 and saw that the mounts had the plates on: I took 'em off and the vibs still were there as before (driveshaft was balanced before). Some dealers (in europe) seam to do their own replacement mounts, so I do not know if mine are still the originals from the Milano 75 or if they are reproduced by someone.....and maybe the height is now wrong with removed plates.

I've attached an image with the height: 35mm and 65mm, could these be good or do I have to adjust with the plates or with washers as described by Greg Gordon in another topic or on his website?

Thanks,
Pat
Attachments
front mount with removed plate
front mount with removed plate
trans_mount_gtv6.jpg (149.16 KiB) Viewed 10229 times
Bruce
Gold
Gold

Post by Bruce »

In my experience, the propshaft (driveshaft) has be pretty fuXXed up to cause vibration issues. Try jacking up the bell housing a-bit-at-a-time to see if it elevates the problem.
Also, do this - loosen all propshaft coupling bolts including the centre bearing support, tighten up rear coupling first, then front coupling and then the centre bearing support.