Mfeoli
Silver
Silver

Swap a 3.0 12 valve in an alfetta gtv

Post by Mfeoli »

I have an alfetta GTV, I am swapping a 3.0 v6 from a 164, I installed an 2.5 flywheel.
I need to know if the drive shaft clutch and gearbox from the 4 cylinder will support the engine HP, somebody can help me??
kevin
Verde
Verde

Re: Swap a 3.0 12 valve in an alfetta gtv

Post by kevin »

The alfetta front coupling won't fit the GtV 2.5 fly wheel . It can handle the power now problem but it would be much easier to find front section of GtV prop and join it to your alfetta prop . We have done that many times with our v6 giuliettas . Also note your flywheel will not be balanced to fit the 3.0 motor unless you have someone to copy/paste balance factor from the 3.0 flywheel to the 2.5 flywheel .
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Don't forget that the motor mounts in the body are different between 4-cyl and 6-cyl cars...
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Mfeoli
Silver
Silver

Post by Mfeoli »

kevin wrote:The alfetta front coupling won't fit the GtV 2.5 fly wheel . It can handle the power now problem but it would be much easier to find front section of GtV prop and join it to your alfetta prop . We have done that many times with our v6 giuliettas . Also note your flywheel will not be balanced to fit the 3.0 motor unless you have someone to copy/paste balance factor from the 3.0 flywheel to the 2.5 flywheel .
Thank you for your information, where can I find an GTV6 front coupling and a front section of GTV prop?
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Depends which country you live in .
Mfeoli
Silver
Silver

Post by Mfeoli »

kevin wrote:Depends which country you live in .
I need to be shipped to MIAMI Florida USA, do you know somebody that have it?