gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Clutch alfa gtv 2.0ts 916

Post by gtv-racer »

I have a problem. The clutch isn't fully disengaged. When i want to put it in gear it doesnt want to. And starts to roll before it pops in... so it doesn't synchronise.

Before the problem occured i had a new clutch install with preassure plate and release bearing. It worked just fine for a few days..

I have replaced the master and the slave cylinder becuase they had wear marks but that didn't do the trick.
The clutch hose doesn't leak but could it be it is swollen on the inside and causes the problem ?

I'm stuck....
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Re: Clutch alfa gtv 2.0ts 916

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

The thing with the swollen-on-the-inside-hose happened to me once... It would let the pressurized oil through when you pressed the pedal but it wouldn't let the oil flow back when you released the pedal... Massive slip was the result. But it would always disengage the clutch and shift into gear properly unlike yours...

There must be air or a leak in the system if you're not getting enough travel for the release bearing... Or there is mechanically something wrong. wrong type of pressure plate/ wrong release bearing/ clutch plate facing the wrong direction for instance.
Drive it like you stole it...
gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Post by gtv-racer »

It worked fine for a few days so i think wrong clutch assembly isn't the problem. There's no air when bleeding. Did it like ten times..
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

Even new cylinders can be bad... :(

If the clutch worked good before it's not very likely that the pressure plate or clutch plate is the wrong type.

I really suspect your hydraulic system.
Drive it like you stole it...
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Can you check if the clutch fork is pulling on those "finger" springs? On the 164 I think you can.
gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Post by gtv-racer »

75evo wrote:Can you check if the clutch fork is pulling on those "finger" springs? On the 164 I think you can.
I'll check..

Can you pressure bleed the clutch or must it be done with the clutch pedal? :?
gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Post by gtv-racer »

Stickey clutch plate. Never thought of that one... car was parked for a year outside. And after a 3 mile drive it happend. Moisture damp out of the clutch plate ..?Could that be the cause.?
After the tip of 75evo i tryed to look at the release bearing but didn't saw that but i just could see ,trough a hole, that the preassure plate came of when i pushed the clutch pedal. So it had to be stikey i thought. Just put a lot of brake cleaner in and it worked again! Whoppa :lol: