Peter K
Silver
Silver

LSD Madeno Racing

Post by Peter K »

Hi to everyone,

New member, - I was referred here from another forum, so sorry to start out with asking for help.

I am currently in the project of getting a new complete 3.2 GTA engine+Gearbox/clutch installed in a 1998 156 2.5.

The car has no ASR, VDC orwhat have you, so to tackle the expected traction problems, i went ahead and ordered a LSD from Madeno Racing. Everything went a little faster then i had planned, so i basically to get the part in time for the engine install, I bought the LSD on good faith that Madeno makes a quality item.

My question is if anyone here have experience with this LSD.

I have tried to get some info from Madeno, but they seem reluctant to reveal details about it. I asked if it was a Quaife based LSD, but all they would say is that it is a " Madeno developed product, made in co-orperation with one of the major companies"

Not having experience with LSD, i cant even determine from the picture in their website, if its clutch based or purely mechanical LSD.

Anyway, thx in advance for any help you can offer.

brgds
Peter
Attachments
Madeno LSD.jpg
Madeno LSD.jpg (32.79 KiB) Viewed 4683 times
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Welcome, Peter K. The only way to really tell, is to open up the unit. Aren't you curious? I know a lot of us are!! :lol:
Jim K.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Well, if they say it's an LSD then it's not a Tor-sen type diff (including Quaife).

But you never know. I wonder why they don't wanna say what they're selling to a customer. That is just weird. :/
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Peter K
Silver
Silver

Post by Peter K »

Mats wrote:Well, if they say it's an LSD then it's not a Tor-sen type diff (including Quaife).

But you never know. I wonder why they don't wanna say what they're selling to a customer. That is just weird. :/
Hi Mats,

So what you are saying is that its a Clutch type?

In my experience, tuners like AutoDelta, Novitec, Madeno, Squadra, Hørmann etc.. often dont want to share this info. They carry a line of products in their own brand, but in reality its stuff from C&B, KW, Koni, Eibach etc... Good example is the Autodelta and Novitec Anti Roll Bar Kits.. Its rebranded Eibach's at a higher price. Their Coilovers are in reality KW, again at higher cost..

My asumption is that the Madeno LSD can be bought cheaper somewhere, and they dont wanna let the cat out of the bag.

@Jim: I bet you are, ehehe...Think i'll pass tho :wink:
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Probably a rebadged Gripper LSD, Clutch type.

TorSen is ATB, Automatic Torque Bias.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!