Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
scott.venables
Gold
Gold

Post by scott.venables »

In the picture of the new suspension parts, are the spacers up the back in the middle steering wheel spacers? Will you use both of them?

Awesome project, I wish I had the money to afford all this stuff. I like the black wheels, but maybe a polished lip and some chrome/stainless nuts would help lift it a bit. Or go for charcoal which is in-between.

Keep up the good work, Scott.
Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

definitley keep the black wheels, they are mean.
What are the wheels, where did you get them from?
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

GTV6 Restore

Post by cchan »

Hello,
Back at work and I thought I would replay to Scott.venables. I have two wheel spacers. I was not sure what one to use for my interior so JJ brought two types of finishes to chose from. We went with the flat aluminium rather than shiny one. I also purchased a new steering wheel but did not post a picture of this yet.
rz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by rz »

hi cchan ,
your car looks stunning!!
for the wheels i think that a polished outer lip will make it even better 8)
keep up the good work!!
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

Alfa GTV6 Restore

Post by cchan »

Hi Rz,

How are your doing? Thanks for the suggestion on the wheels. I like the idea. I wonder if they could do this for me? I will have to ask them when I get a chance. I feel very lucky to be able to bounce all my options to everyone here in the forum. In my opinion it really expands the fun of my hobby. :D
bteoh
Platinum
Platinum

Post by bteoh »

Chan,

Your rebuild looks fantastic. I like your new brake setup. Did you get them from Joe English? I am interested in getting a set and was wondering if you can tell me who you got them from. Thanks, brian
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

GTV6 Restore

Post by cchan »

Hi Bteoh,
I purchased my brakes from Jungle Justice. He put the order in to G2 in WA. The set up was not that cheap but cheaper than the Brembos. It was suggested that I do not go with drilled rotors. The rear brakes look like the stock brakes with spacers for the SZ vented disks. I am happy with the set up and will see how they perform soon. There is no comparision to my old stock brakes and I feel that I made the correct decision to upgrade the brakes rather than staying factory stock. :)
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

Man, this project is just marvelous, but sorry I have to say it but I don't like the wheels. I think they don't actually match the style of GTV6, too modern look on this type of car. Anyways congrats and I envy you :D
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

GTV6 Restore

Post by cchan »

Hi PietereQ,

Thanks for your post. I do think the wheels are modern too and I have my stock wheels for my back up. I am going to get them reconditioned and see if they will still fit over the new brakes. We think that they should. This is personally my first car to restore and I did get side tracked. My original goal was to restore factory stock. Not quite sure what happen along the way. Anyway, no need for envy. Its just a car and anytime you are in the SF bay area let me know and you can take it for a spin.

The suspension parts have been dropped off today to be standblasted and powder coated and we hope to have them back asap. I will post some more pictures when we get them back and finish the suspension restoration. :D
joey
Gold
Gold

Re: GTV6 Restore

Post by joey »

cchan wrote:Hi PietereQ,

Thanks for your post. I do think the wheels are modern too and I have my stock wheels for my back up. I am going to get them reconditioned and see if they will still fit over the new brakes. We think that they should. This is personally my first car to restore and I did get side tracked. My original goal was to restore factory stock. Not quite sure what happen along the way. Anyway, no need for envy. Its just a car and anytime you are in the SF bay area let me know and you can take it for a spin.

The suspension parts have been dropped off today to be standblasted and powder coated and we hope to have them back asap. I will post some more pictures when we get them back and finish the suspension restoration. :D
mate i think when installed with the big rotors and red calipers the wheels will look great ! i think the brake hardware will "lift" the look and add great contrast compared to silver rims

in any case, the car looks fanastic... can't wait to see it fire up and do its thing... fantastic job !
"Fun is an unintended, unforeseen, and usually undignified consequence of life."
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

cchan, awesome restoration project mate, as far as the original look, I know what you think, but beleive me, you won't regret all the upgrades you made to your car, specially that 24v, now it's going to be show and go! :D :D
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

Alfa GTV 6 Restore

Post by cchan »

Hello Everyone,

Well, I think we have sorted out everything and are ready to put everything back together next week. I hope to have put aside enough time to do this. The last part of the picture is ready. My transaxle with LSD & 4.10 gears is ready. Here are some pictures of my new part.

Happy Holidays :)
Attachments
Alfa New Transaxle #2.jpg
Alfa New Transaxle #2.jpg (47.6 KiB) Viewed 8128 times
Alfa New Transaxle #1.jpg
Alfa New Transaxle #1.jpg (51.79 KiB) Viewed 8127 times
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

82 GTV6 Restore Project

Post by cchan »

Hello Everyone,

Well, had a fun Christmas break. We were able to have JJ come down from up north and we pretty much completed the suspension. Still have a couple of outstanding issues but nothing that we can not sort out in the near future. We were able to get my old part back and what a difference. My old parts were gross. The new are are looking good. Here are some photos.
Attachments
Alfa Parts Powder Coated #4.jpg
Alfa Parts Powder Coated #4.jpg (62.7 KiB) Viewed 8028 times
Alfa Parts Powder Coated #3.jpg
Alfa Parts Powder Coated #3.jpg (53.36 KiB) Viewed 8027 times
Alfa Parts Powder Coated #2.jpg
Alfa Parts Powder Coated #2.jpg (72.24 KiB) Viewed 8026 times
Alfa Parts Powder Coated #1.jpg
Alfa Parts Powder Coated #1.jpg (42.96 KiB) Viewed 8026 times
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

82 Alfa GTV6 Restoration

Post by cchan »

We also completed the undercoating of the body along with the final prepartion before I put in the new engine. Of couse, we will still need to do the final detailing but were basically good to go. :D
Here are the picture of the status.
Attachments
Alfa Engine Bay Final Prep #5.jpg
Alfa Engine Bay Final Prep #5.jpg (50.73 KiB) Viewed 8027 times
Alfa Engine Bay Final Prep #4.jpg
Alfa Engine Bay Final Prep #4.jpg (53.66 KiB) Viewed 8027 times
Alfa Engine Bay Final Prep #3.jpg
Alfa Engine Bay Final Prep #3.jpg (50.21 KiB) Viewed 8028 times
Alfa Engine Bay Final Prep #2.jpg
Alfa Engine Bay Final Prep #2.jpg (55.26 KiB) Viewed 8026 times
Alfa Engine Bay Final Prep #1.jpg
Alfa Engine Bay Final Prep #1.jpg (78.39 KiB) Viewed 8025 times