Anything that does not fit into other topics.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

156 GTA and 164 24V alternator interchangeable?

Post by Zamani »

They are mounted in different places in the respective cars. But are they interchangeable with minor mods?
Dr. Alban
kevin
Verde
Verde

Re: 156 GTA and 164 24V alternator interchangeable?

Post by kevin »

Hey z , I am not ignoring you as I do have both cars . This week been a nightmare as trying to get race car ready for this weekend when a typical south African thing happened.- I was totally cleaned out at my place. The bastards stole everything . I did catch them but three truck loads had already been removed to never never land. Teach me not to have insurance.
Anyway give me until next week and I will let you know.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 156 GTA and 164 24V alternator interchangeable?

Post by Zamani »

Dang! Kev that sucks! At least no one in your family was hurt!

Yeah, me mom's 156 GTA got the crazy EBD ABS flashing light. Then no start. I searched many forums and found the problem to be battery related. But of course the battery failed because the alt. failed earlier on and wasn't charging. I have an alt. from a Super so I was thinking of giving it to her, if it fits of course.

I'm gonna visit my parents in July and I have some big cams for my dad's GTV6 3.0. He is going to send it in the shop on Monday to get the heads shaved and ported. If the alt. fits, would be a good thing to bring back to them too.
Dr. Alban