Mats
Verde
Verde

Re: JK's v6 book

Post by Mats »

Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
grease
Silver
Silver

Post by grease »

nah, I don't mind paying at all - i've always preferred real books instead of screen reading or printed on A4s.
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

OK, every member on this forum is required to buy one. Pop quiz next week on Chapter 2. This will constitute 50% of your total grade.

MD will fail cuz he is 2 cylinders short and 2 sparks too many :)

Zamani
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

i'm waiting on the U.S. edition, it takes less time to get from there over here!
mtr005
Silver
Silver

Post by mtr005 »

awesome news. now the wait for the postman begins
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

After reading that copy off google books, it seems the runner is the biggest restriction, even at 38mm ID, it's still a little small.

I just remembered that I have Beninca's custom 42mm OD intake runners meant for the 24V RWD conversion. I think I can mate them to the 164 12V injector plates. Bore the injector plates out to 40mm id and voila! Although I have a feeling the bolt pattern won't quite line up. Get some 24lb/hr injectors and see what kind of improvements to be had, mated to 11:1 compression and CSC headers.

If I can get 200 whp on a Mustang load dyno, I'd be very happy! Not too far off. Then I will go to the dynojet and say I have 220 whp just for shits and giggles.

Waiting for the real copy of my V6 book.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

When I find the guy who's got my 4 cylinder version, he's gonna get an invitation for a free vasectomy by wearing a blindfold in a bear trap field.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
MALDI
Platinum
Platinum

Post by MALDI »

LOL! Another AlfaGTV6.com classic comment! :mrgreen:

Anyway, go buy another copy: the Greek economy needs all the help it can get. :wink:
'84 GTV6 3.0L
'81 X1/9
WhizzMan
Silver
Silver

Post by WhizzMan »

Argh... even the currency converter is a mess at Veloce. They state the Euro price just one click further. Then they only accept credit cards. Really, how hard is it to accommodate international buyers?
Zagato
Gold
Gold

Post by Zagato »

Both the converter and payment worked fine for me, they sent an Proforma Invoice so i can pay in advance, what is your problem? :?
Steve R
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Steve R »

My copy just arrived in the post, I've only had a skim through as of now ..... but it looks EXCELLENT.

I feel another project coming on!

Thanks Jim, really appreciate the hardwork you've put into this.

Steve
83' GTV6, 3.0 24v supercharged
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

My copy arrived today! :D well impressed Jim, me like plenty. Now the tear down begins! 8)
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

good read so far! juts a couple of questions for you Jim. Your cross section head diagram for 3.0 porting. Are those internal dimensions more or less the same for the 2.5 ?? Interesting to read the little passage about decreasing port sizes to increase velocity, like they do on the 4 stroke bikes. With regards to "doming/humping" the floor of the intake ports, you mentioned the instant flow increase using putty, while on the flow bench. Has anyone actually tried this for real on intake ports using a suitable two part metal epoxy? Id be real nervous about the longivety of that in the intake? incredible that Alfa chose to or did not notice such an easy and free power gain, during Busso development!
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

I have ordered my copy - thanks for all the work Jim - I am looking forward to reading it!
Michael
1981 GTV6
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

Just received note from the place where i ordered it that it will arrive some time next week. :P Looking forward to reading it. 8)
Drive it like you stole it...