Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Re: My rebuild!

Post by SydneyJules »

Greg, I'm no longer on the Tripler (sigh.... my first Boeing... waiting on the next one!). In Australia, the Civil Aviation Safety Authority is a bit backward, and allows for a Co-Pilot endorsement on certain types of aircraft (abv 5700kg in Regular Public Transport ops). As opposed to a command (full endorsement). I was only endorsed to fly the aircraft in cruise, as a relief First officer (with either the Skipper or a Senior F/O)- the position was referred to as Cruise Relief First Officer (taken from the Euro way of doing it, where they would fly long haul with relief crew). It was a nice way of saying I was more experienced than a second officer (Ala Cathay/QF) but not quite experienced enough for them to put me in the right seat of a tripler!

I'm on the Embraer 190 now, doing my line training in short haul stuff. It's not a bad aircraft, but as far as airliners go, my only frame of reference is a 777-300ER, so it's not exactly apples with apples!!!
Some guys who've flown both say it's halfway between a Boeing (layout, operating philosophy) and an A320 (in terms of automation). Slippery little sucker, but runs out of puff up high (unlike a Boeing!). It will probably be my type for the next two years, although I could end up with a command on it pretty quickly If things keep going the way they are- maybe 3 years?
I've always wanted to fly the 767. But hey, my licence has 777/787 on it, so maybe I can end up with the next new kid on the block? That would be V nice!

The guys painting my car have a contract to fix damaged Traveller's vans, and 3 showed up last week. Bastards!

I started smoothing down the bumpers myself. Another little delay.
Oh yeah, and the guys doing the interior had some insurance work come through as well, so hey, I guess I don't mind being pushed back a bit- gives me some time to buy other things like rubber door and window seals.

RS stuff looks great.

More to come when I have more to show :)
Fixing it bit by bit....
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Greg, whatever happened to the MP62X option on your kits?

Can I still get brackets off you for an MP62, and will a MErcedes one work (Or are the discharge ports too different?)

I'm starting to plan out the next phase, that's all.
Fixing it bit by bit....
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Hi Jules,

I no longer make the V6 kit, but all the parts can still be purchased. My machinist sells all the brackets, intake and discharge ports for $800. He makes the discharge ports out of aluminum. They look really nice. Add in pulleys and a supercharger, and it's exactly what I used to sell as a kit, but for quite a bit less money. It's a good deal.

All of my efforts are focused on the Spider. I have little free time due to my new job, hence, only time to make one type of kit.

Greg,
www.hiperformancestore.com

P.S. I rode on a 190, it seemed pretty cool. As far as flying goes, I am trying to bid for only the long haul stuff, so I am spending a lot of time in Japan, Europe, and the middle east. If I start getting to Sydney, I'll let you know. I hear rumors of trips to Australia, but so far, I haven't been on one.
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

You have to let me know if you get trips here- ill take you out for a few beers!

I'll be in touch re the blower stuff once the car is together!
Fixing it bit by bit....
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

C'mon Jules you can do it , put the blower on . ( no pressure - excuse the pun) it's the right solution . Your Ozzie dollar is not that bad . I would buy it in a flash but could build a whole car for that price plus 100% import duty - here in Serf efrika
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

kevin wrote:C'mon Jules you can do it , put the blower on . ( no pressure - excuse the pun) it's the right solution . Your Ozzie dollar is not that bad . I would buy it in a flash but could build a whole car for that price plus 100% import duty - here in Serf efrika

Nice, you seem to endure the same problems we have here, crazy import taxes plus currency exchange value...
I talked to Greg about buying most of the parts for the kit minus the supercharger, but the airline I worked for shutdown a month ago, so I had to cut down on expenses until I work out what i'm going to do (they are going to open up a new airline here), i'm still working on the Giulietta though, getting close to start it up.

Congrats on the 190, I used to fly 737-200's and then my old company changed to the CRJ900's, nice aircraft, but I would have prefered any of the Boeing airliners or Embraers, they are more ergonomic, bigger and comfortable from a pilot's perspective, the good thing on the CRJ was the technology on the systems, everything is automatic.
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Kevin, I'd go so far as to say that it's a certainty I will put a blower on it (I appreciate the pressure!!!!) - but I want to experience the beauty of my little screamer for just a little bit longer- there's something very satisfying about changing gears at 8000 :twisted:

I'll need to begin the long process of accumulating parts again- pistons, rods etc etc- I want a break after the car is back together!

Thanks Fed- that's horrible to hear about the company- I hope it all wOrks out ok for you.
Fixing it bit by bit....
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

SydneyJules wrote:Kevin, I'd go so far as to say that it's a certainty I will put a blower on it (I appreciate the pressure!!!!) - but I want to experience the beauty of my little screamer for just a little bit longer- there's something very satisfying about changing gears at 8000 :twisted:

I'll need to begin the long process of accumulating parts again- pistons, rods etc etc- I want a break after the car is back together!

Thanks Fed- that's horrible to hear about the company- I hope it all wOrks out ok for you.
I should have a clearer picture about future work around mid september...who knows, hopefully i'll be back on track soon!
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Painted.... kit to go on.... bonnet still to be sorted....still to buy seals....still to swap to my 5 bolt hubs and put the 156 Superturismo rims on with the RS Coilovers and watts link, before figuring out new discs for the GTA Brembos. Once it's driving I'll start looking to wire up the E11v2.

Colour? Would you believe it's a Honda Milano red with some violet added... I wanted a pure red, rather than one with orange or brown undertones. I'm very happy with the result!
Attachments
IMG_2042.JPG
IMG_2042.JPG (231.56 KiB) Viewed 6413 times
IMG_2041.jpg
IMG_2041.jpg (233.29 KiB) Viewed 6413 times
IMG_2040.JPG
IMG_2040.JPG (231.15 KiB) Viewed 6413 times
Fixing it bit by bit....
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

oh yeah- decided on black trim- it's all painted satin black. Time will tell how it works... if I don't like it, I'll go back to grey....
Fixing it bit by bit....
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Nice to see out of the available 26 Alfa reds, you chose a honda milano red. :roll:

When will it be ready?

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Awesome red , now that's a serious stunner . Most of the guys here don't choose the alfa red we get unless it's the 2002 147 gta red. Most are too orangy.
Is that paint a base coat and clear coat or thinners/hardener based ie 2k ?
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Hahaha that's a funny point Garth! As Kevin said, they're all a bit too orangey for me- it was a hard call to pick a colour, and the painter and I spent about a day looking at different spots of red on the actual car before deciding!
The last minute call to go black on the trim was related to the red as well. I guess I'd been looking at so many original GTVs I didn't think past a 530/charcoal trim scheme. In the flesh, I was instantly happy withe colour- oxygenated blood is the only way I can describe it. I love it!
It's 3 coats of base and two of clear.

Next is to paint the suspension and fuel tank With KBS coatings black paint- similar to POR15 but half the price (and Australian)...
I'll do that when I change the hubs over to 5 bolt. May try to get the RS stuff on at the same time.

I'm goin to start having a look over the engine before driving- going to change timing belt and flush the cooling system.

Trimmer hasn't even started on the interior.... Bastard!!!
Fixing it bit by bit....
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Its going to look mad when finished. The red looks awesome mate. :wink:

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

My race GTV is painted in a Volvo Truck color... :shock: :lol:
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!