Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Re: Hello from relocation to UK

Post by kevin »

So there I was discussing set up for the GTV over a cappuccino ....... and a bit of history on the Alfa F1 fan car that was banned for allegedly throwing up stones :D
What an honour to meet Gordon Murray as he was always an inspiration amongst South Africans .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (216.85 KiB) Viewed 6801 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Well, the British summer has been surprisingly good so I have taken full advantage of going to car shows representing the Italian Marque with my carbi GTV . The car is running so well and smoothly . I'm glad I never modified this car or lowered it as its been so much more comfortable on my screwed up lower back compared to my modern Giulietta Sportiva on 18".
Got an invite to display cars at Wellington College from my mate Nick who owns a few 75's ranging from a mad turbo , to a 3.0 track car which was prepared by Ron Simmons to his tranquil 2.5 Auto gas injected 75 . I don't think I know anyone who has more extreme cars in the 75 range .
There were some great cars on display from 20v turbo Audi Quattro , BMW csl , triumphs , lotus , MG and every other British make .
Having a classic really gets you discovering new stuff around the UK country side . I could not believe the size of the grounds for this college and the canteen was bigger and posher than most F1 circuits . Nice to see how the other half live at £33000 per kid / per year at this school .
Thanks Nick for invite !
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (249.29 KiB) Viewed 6742 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (211.49 KiB) Viewed 6742 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (231.72 KiB) Viewed 6742 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (172.48 KiB) Viewed 6743 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (224.57 KiB) Viewed 6743 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

The weekend just past was Classic Alfa trackday at Goodwood . I convinced the wife to come with me to an Alfa day so took a very scenic journey on some nice twisty roads through the South Downs . I think its been over twenty years since she last went in a classic Alfa . Can't understand why as we have never broken down . Must be my driving :)
Stopped off at some pretty towns on way including Petworth being my favourite . Some really good coffee shops or Tea Rooms .
Some pics below
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (98.93 KiB) Viewed 6706 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Pics attached are at Goodwood. Finally got to take a whole bunch of close up pics of this 75 touring car that I believe as banned due to its independent rear Dedion set up but was finally homologated in the Italian touring car series . Its the ex Schlesser car. I will post more pics of it in race car section . Very interesting its four wheel 'steering' with anti roll connecting directly with universals to the outer hub which create toe changes . See the blades on the centre pivot . Hmmmm . I want !!!
Good see a 4c been thrashed on the track all day by its new owner .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (240.68 KiB) Viewed 6706 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (196.55 KiB) Viewed 6706 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (172.45 KiB) Viewed 6706 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (233.31 KiB) Viewed 6706 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (175.76 KiB) Viewed 6706 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

"Put another shrimp on the barbie " or serf efrican terms
Boerewors on the braai " its a good thing I got some fellow countrymen who make perfect boerewors at my local butcher .
Hey Dawie ( Botha) you need to export some vleis rom your butchery to me !
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (211.3 KiB) Viewed 6686 times
Joemart
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Joemart »

nice.. really nice.... all of it
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Hey Kevarooney, you being in the construction game and all, is it legal to build a carport in the front alignment where you are in tweed jacket and leather patches on you elbows land? :D

Would offer some protection to those beautiful cars mate otherwise get yourself a small set of scales to measure the weight reduction once a week from rust decay. Don't overlook the fact that rain is slightly acidic combined that with UV degredation, well it's a slippery as they say.

Sheit, come to think of it you might have to move to the land of OZ and dry paddocks...
:D :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

MD, some day they will end up in Oz but I'm trying to ke their weight up at this stage . The carbi has a really good cover for the summer and then it sits in a garage which one of the neighbours kindly offered for free during winter . I need to put another groundsheet under the car on top of paving in order to stop evaporation taking place under cover . This cover then traps the moisture even though its technically breathable .
Well the track car needs to be finished before winter so it can also go into the garage . Work is pretty slow on it to due dodgy back issues and current break in Kefalonia . ( the land of JK . Pity Greece just lost in penalties ) .
The neighbourhood is pretty sticky on rules to build a carport and even the chap over the road with camper van is breaking the rules of the suburb as they regard these as unsightly . I think my GTV on axle stands is a sculpture and possibly a beacon of light for Morris minor country :wall:
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

Even on stands it's art!

I had the same problem over here. Putting my Gtv temporarely in front of the house without an engine and licenseplates didn't go well with the local upholders off the law. My argument that even without an engine it looks better toen the other cars in the street didn't help...
Drive it like you stole it...
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

I have my 4-wheel car trailer on my driveway :mrgreen: . Not exactly beautiful, but allowed apparently. My V8 Toyota Landcruiser is parked on the street and I have to drive it every week so that people don't suspect it's abandoned. It sucks so much petrol, I really prefer not to drive it, at all unless I need to tow. Can't imagine how I would own such a thing in the Europe. I would go for a 2.5 TDi van in Europe I suppose.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Hey Jim , I can see why Alfa is so popular in Greece :D
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (190.36 KiB) Viewed 6551 times
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Some nice cars there, but I like your 3.0 GTV6 the best.
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

...You people ought to get a better travel agent, really! The Aegean part of Greeceland is waaaayyy better than where you're at. But then again, if you drink a ton of that stuff...you won't know the difference, hahah! :lol: :lol:
Jim K.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Jim I'm afraid if I went to Aegean part I would never go home ..... But Santorini is on the cards .... Next year . Its definitely gonna be a tough ask to beat Assos . I did see a GT that arrived today by ferry , with a few 146's and 156's . So its not only the Alfa beer :D
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

You must be doing something wrong there... When you're in the islands, words like Alfa, cars, power etc just don't exist! Give it a rest man! :wink:
Jim K.