Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

My current setup uses the ring method, but at the time I used an ally ring-works gtreat but I will use the thin steel plate method next time-although the race disk pic above is ny new setup.

As for the calipers,I do the discs first and then mount the cal`s where they have to fit once the disc is on.You can space the disc further in if you need the clearance for the caliper to clear the wheel(as in using the 15" wheel on the Praggias)Will get to the calipers tonoght.....
Attachments
Dsc00152.jpg
Dsc00152.jpg (140.63 KiB) Viewed 11961 times
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

:!: Lennart,You must chamfer the spigot hole in the center of the disc as per the original.The hub has a generous radius and the chamfer is to clear this radius.

Barry

*CHECK OUT THE LOCTITE-DONT BE SHY.*
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Mr Norway,Just got off the line to Praggia.The 6 pot midi is what you require for your std 285mm disc.The pad size is 120mm (same as my Lancia Brembos). This is specifically designed for a disc of 285 to 295mm.x 22mm thick.

Barry
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Barry,

What about the bracketry and the cables for the 156 calipers for the rears? Are you also using 156 discs?
LENZ
Gold
Gold

Post by LENZ »

Ok Barry , however had to look up the word chamfer.
:roll: makes sense though
Thanks

Lennart
155 3.0 V6 24v Q2 NovaCorse
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

LENZ! :D
Welcome!
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

:? Z,Have not fitted the 156 rears to my car yet.Wont be any different in the fitting technique as to the 164 cals though.Im using the 155 v6 frnt discs at the rear.Ill pull of a rear wheel this weekend ,CLEAN up a bit and take pics for you....

Lennart,you following all so far??
What caliper you intend using??I used a set of Lancia evo Brembos amongst others..This is how I fitted the Brembos.
Put pads into the calipers and fitted them to the disc in the correct position.Id previously fitted the calipers with fittings so I could clamp them to the disc by using compressed air!This held the caliper firmly where I wanted it.The calipers had the mounting "ears" from the stubb fitted wich had been cut off earlier.
I then used 10 x 10mm square bar to make filler pieces and tack welded them together.Use short welds either side as a one sided weld warps the mounting and pulls the caliper over.Short tacks either side solves this problem..Remove the lot and paint .I fitted new bearings ,seals etc.and assembled all.Finito.

In the same pic you can see the ally adaptors I used to fit the radially mounted A.P.Racing calipers.The praggias use the same type of adaptor.

Barry
Attachments
Dsc00135.jpg
Dsc00135.jpg (145.35 KiB) Viewed 11903 times
Last edited by Barry on Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

The radially mounted brackets for a gtv6..
Attachments
Dsc00446.jpg
Dsc00446.jpg (134.82 KiB) Viewed 11903 times
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

I guess this is your road car since you have not scraped off that rust-proof/sound dampening stuf in the wheel house? :wink:
Looks very standard in the rest of the setup too. :shock:
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Mats,yes,its my road car.A pretty old pic,ciolovers ans so forth now.But roll bar still rubber mounted.Lower controll arms running on bearings etc.Nothing fancy.Yup,still got the old tar stuff ubder neath

Barry
LENZ
Gold
Gold

Post by LENZ »

Thanks Mats, nice gtv race car.

Barry i'll be using the 147gta 305mm set up with the brembo calipers.
The conversion looks pretty straightforward but the hardest part for me will be the adapter to fit the brembo's to the 75hub.
Welding won't be an option for me because i don't have the proper materials to do this and my (mig!) welding techniques aren't that good. I'd rather use an adapter.
The 75 mastercilinder doesn't match the dimensions of the 147 gta master (22mm - 15/16inch=23.8mm), did you change the gtv6 master cilinder?
Attachments
23 017.jpg
23 017.jpg (106.15 KiB) Viewed 11887 times
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

tnx, I think we kinda know each other from the 75 Yahoo forum (not there so much any more).
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
LENZ
Gold
Gold

Post by LENZ »

Is that forum still active haven't been there for years.
P.Webb
Gold
Gold

Post by P.Webb »

LENZ wrote:Is that forum still active haven't been there for years.
It's there. Activity is up and down.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/alfa75/

-Peter
The true joy of an Alfa Romeo is behind the wheel.
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

Barry wrote::twisted: I love this!!Its like catching fish-All you need is the right bait!

Barry
What do you mean?
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...