aggarcia
Silver
Silver

Go Tech MFI Injector question?

Post by aggarcia »

John sent me the MFI system with the "Fly Back board" attached. Is this correct that it will allow the use of low impendence injectors?

AG
aggarcia
Silver
Silver

Post by aggarcia »

Just in case someone searches the forum for answers, the TP100 that John shipped allowed the sue of low impendance injectors with the MFI version of GoTech. Wired it up as described by John or found in the last page of the manual. Used on pins 1,2,4, & 6. Check John's post for more info.

AG
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

Yeah, I have referred to this little "jobbie" as a "fly-back board" as it mto fill a similar function as the fly-back board when running MS with LI injectors... (Protcts the ECU conversion - allows you to run LI injectors with MS...)

Upon closer inspection (and Andrew pointed this out) the TP100 is the same unit as the stock "Ignition Module" mounted right below the coil on our US Milanos...!

I have been running GoTech Standard WITHOUT the TP 100 for about 5 months now and it seems to function just fine.... (Much to many's surprise...) The concensus is however, that you MAY have problems and that it is better to run the TP100 with LI injectors with the Standard GoTech...

Or, the option would be to change out to HI injectors with GoTech Standard OR to just run a GoTech PRO then with LI OR HI injectors...
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
4agedub
Silver
Silver

Post by 4agedub »

When running low impedance injectors with the Gotech MFI std ecu I suggest that you split the injectors and run a tp100. Run one set of injectors of the brown/red and the other set of the blue/white. Make sure to set the jumper to the right location.
Gotech fuel injection systems
South Africa
Tel: +2711 3978197
Email: louis@gotech.co.za
aggarcia
Silver
Silver

Post by aggarcia »

The wiring harness already had split the injectors as you had mentioned and we are running the TP100. Checked the jumper and everything is good to go. Thanks for your help.
ANDREWG

1982 GTV6 ITS #63
1988 Milano Verde - Project car
1988 Milano Verde IMSA IS - now SCCA ITE
1991 164S

www.garciaalfaracing.com