Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

I don't have a booster on my racecar, works very well. :)
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

I second that. Of course if your profession is Ballerina they might be on the heavy side.
Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

Ballerina's legs are fuckin strong :D
Zagato
Gold
Gold

Post by Zagato »

And your cars is very light? :roll:
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

I ended getting the brake set up from APE - makes sense since Larry has done all this before - specifically with a GTV6. I ordered the Alfetta pedal box and a 164 Booster - apparently, the pedal box needs minor modification to allow the clutch MC to sit alongside the 164 booster, when using an Alfetta pedal box.
I'll see this weekend.

New question - do you guys have a recommendation for an aftermarket adjustable fuel pressure regulator? It does not need to be rising rate or anything like that since I'm using GoTech. I have to get an aftermarket inline setup since my engine was shipped sans this piece :x
Michael
1981 GTV6
5yearplan
Gold
Gold

Post by 5yearplan »

try www.summitracing.com They have adjustable regulators and rising rate regulators. They go anywhere from around $50 to $140 to $300
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Mike,

I think I have stock 164 fuel rails if need one. All you need is a stock 164 fuel regulator. I guess it depends on the plenum you intend to use. I don't see the need to go aftermarket.
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

Thanks Zamani - I beleive the Glenwood setup was modified in some manner to expect an aftermarket inline regulator. I'll look this weekend to see if it can be adapted back to stock (would be my preference!).
All that is needed is a 3 bar FPR.

My brake parts arrived - should have more information and some pics some time this weekend :D
Michael
1981 GTV6
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Brakes? Don't you already have the big brakes?
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

Yep - already have the big disks and calipers installed (Porsche 951).
The brake parts I spoke of are the Alfetta pedal box and the 164 Booster. I'm working on installing these currently.

Cheers,
Michael
1981 GTV6
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

The brakes are coming along now. I spent lots of time modifying the Alfetta pedal box so that it will work with the 164 Booster, in the GTV6.

In this 1st pic, you can see the pedal box in place in the GTV6 firewall.

The holes where the booster is mounted have been 'slotted' to move the booster towards the midline of the car. This is because the booster is just wide enough that when the stock holes are used, the booster cannot be mounted because it interferes with the clutch master cylinder (adjacent). On the back side (I'll take some more pics when the pedal box is again removed), the booster pushrod now connects to the right hand side of the Alfetta brake pedal (when viewed from the driver foot well).

Tool of choice for slotting the booster mounting holes - a gigantic bastard file :)

Clearance is good - it will enable the valve cover to be accessed easily for maintenance.

Here is the problem now ... the booster is hitting the bodywork - as you can see, the booster cannot be snugged up against the pedal box currently.

So, next step is to yank the engine out again, and make some clearance the old fashioned way with a BFH. I don't think I need much room. An alternative, is to make some sort of spacer to move the booster or the entire pedal box out a bit - the former will interfere with the geometry of the mechanism and alter the pedal position I think. I feel it is ideal to have the booster as far back as possible in any regard.
You can also see that I filed down the booster slightly - its a really tight fit! I also ground a shallow notch into the CMC to provide more clearance.

Cheers,
Michael
1981 GTV6
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Mike from what I can see, you dont have a serious problem at all. I would suggest spacing out the booster and add a compensating length to the MC push rod. Peace of cake.

Definitely not an engine out job..

MD
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

Hi Mike:
Except in this case, I can remove the engine in 10 minutes as its just sorta sitting there and the crane is ready to go - nothing hooked up yet.

How would you suggest 'adding a compensating length' to the pushrod? Can the length be adjusted by screwing the pushrod out? I tried that a bit but it did not seem to alter the length at all.

Thanks,
Michael
1981 GTV6
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Your next problem is going to be the bonnet not closing due to interference with the booster..sorry bud. :wink:
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Why not go with the Alfetta booster? Larry used it while the 24V was in his GTV6.