Milano-guy
Silver
Silver

Alfa Romeo Control (loose component)

Post by Milano-guy »

Hello.

I am having trouble with my 75 (milano) 3.0. It doesn't receive charging from the alternator. The alternator is rebuilt and tested so thats not the problem. It also has 0 ohm (contact) between the connector of D+ and on the Alfa Romeo Control.

In pursue of the problem I opened my Alfa Romeo Control unit, which had a loose component inside. It looks like a diode that has to be connected in the right direction.

Can someone look at their AR Control unit and see which way it is supposed to be mounted? It would be very much appreciated. I was thinking of just soldering it back on and hoping the charging problem would be fixed.
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

Check it first before remounting. This is a fat diode and handles a good amount of current. Possibly overheated and solder melted. May have short somewhere.....
Milano-guy
Silver
Silver

Post by Milano-guy »

x-rad wrote:Check it first before remounting. This is a fat diode and handles a good amount of current. Possibly overheated and solder melted. May have short somewhere.....
Yes, it does seem to handle big currents. Do you think this may have something to do with the charging?

Is there any schematics of the internals of the AR.Control? This may contain information on the direction of the diode.